ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Residence card application HELP PLS

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ken_sk44
- thin ice -

EEA2 Residence card application HELP PLS

Post by ken_sk44 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Hi all, yes indeed i am back and this time even more serious. I have been warned not to joke here again else i would be thrown out by the moderators.

Okay my question is about EEA2 residence card application. Now that i've finally married my EU fiancee here in the UK, can we apply for the EU Residence card from another EU country outside UK ? e.g. could we send this application to her home country (Germany) were i believe the processing time is faster ? Answers please....

Thank you in advance and if i will be allowed, i can drop some funny jokes here later so everyone can have a laugh :-) If not allowed, no worries then. Byeeee....

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:08 pm

NO. The clue is in the name - "UK residence card"; you can only apply in-country.

If you are a visa national looking to settle in the UK with your German spouse then apply for a EEA family permit at the BHC in Germany before entering the UK.