ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 wait

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

daria
Newly Registered

eea2

Post by daria » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:02 pm

waitingeea2
Newly Registered

hi

Post by waitingeea2 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:59 am

Hi Daria,
good suggestion but i think for my case its too late to send the prepaid envelope,it might create more confusion especially if the caseworker has already despatched it somehow,which i wouldnt think so!!!lol.
Tell me smth,i find smth very weird,when u got the letter from ur caseworker,did he send a labelled adress which u got to stick on your envelope.
For me,he send one,and it written at the bottom 'B/F:11/12/2008'.
Did urs say smth similar,did u pay any notice???
Thanks and hope to hear from u soon.
Well,i also guess thers no use worrying abt these things now,they should be sending hopefully our stuffs back.It has been a bloody long wait already!!!
BTW,i sent my docs on the 14th of April this year.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:28 pm

all who posted in this thread: for the actual waiting times see http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... ropeanlaw/
where you will see that only now applications from February are being processed, so the waiting time is much more than the six months that the law allows!!
Anyway, if you have received a COA (Certificate of Application) there is nothing to really worry about

daria
Newly Registered

Additional docs

Post by daria » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:13 pm

Hello waitingeea2,

I am using immigration adviser service regarding my application(we have problem with missing post at my place from time to time and I just felt it would be more safe to it this way).

My advisor only sent me the copy of the letter from the case worker.When I brought her my additional docs she showed me the sticker,which she received from my UKBA, but apart from address on it, I did not notice anything else.

I hope you receive you papers really soon!
:D

casperguy
Newly Registered

EEA2 Granted

Post by casperguy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:45 pm

Dear All,

I have been reading this page for infomation.
Thanks to everyone who contribute.
And I think I would like to share my information with others.

I submit my EEA2 application on the 4th March 2008,
Received the confirmation letter from Home Office on the 6th April 2008,
Made dozens of telephone calls to UKBA,
Lodged a complaint letter on the 29th October 2008 to the case worker in Liverpool (did not receive any acknowledgement)
Neither the Home Office nor the Caseworker ask for more documents.
My unmarried partner received a telephone call on the 4th December 2008 in his office.
The case worker wanted to confirm that he is still working for the company stated in the application.
He did not tell the purpose of the call until my partner demanded to know who is the caller and the reason behind the call.
He then confirmed on the phone that they are looking into my case and everything is OK and has been granted.
And that I will receive my passport and documents back within 2 weeks time.
And today, 18th December 2008 (exactly two weeks), I received them!!
At last after 9 months ++

Just out of curiosity, I did call the UKBA line this morning.
She told me that my application is still "Under further consideration".
Of course I did not tell her that I have already received them back.

For those who may want to know, my application is:
EEA2
Unmarried partnership (same sex partnership)
Malaysian to German partner

Good Luck Everyone !!!!

ribena

Post by ribena » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:15 pm

Hi Casper,
Do you mind giving me the UKBA number? I have tried calling a number which I got fro this forum and every time I called, the voice mail box is always full.

It has been 3 months since I sent my EEA2 application and I haven't receive my CoA despite letters asking for letters and calls which couldn't get thru!

Any advice/help is much appreciated.

Berith
Newly Registered

Post by Berith » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:05 am

ribena wrote:Hi Casper,
Do you mind giving me the UKBA number? I have tried calling a number which I got fro this forum and every time I called, the voice mail box is always full.

It has been 3 months since I sent my EEA2 application and I haven't receive my CoA despite letters asking for letters and calls which couldn't get thru!

Any advice/help is much appreciated.
Hi Ribena!
I am in the same situation as you are now!
Let me tell you my story
I sent my EEA2 application on October 13, 2008. Until today I haven't received my CoA despite the fact I have sent millions of mails, letters, faxes and phone calls that were never answered.

I contacted Solvit (who are dealing with my case now) but still waiting.

I really feel frustated because it's causing me problems with my employer and they were supposed to issue the CoA immediately.

Last Friday my husband could speak to one of the people at HO Croydon. At the beginning they didn't want to give him information but my husband told them that the Liverpool number was a completely waste of time because we always get the voice mail and we can never speak to anyone there! we have been trying for the last 15 days to get in touch with them! So the person at HO Croydon asked him for the special delivery number and she checked the status of my application and it's supposed that they sent my CoA on December 16 by second class by post! It's very hard to believe but we have no choice, but to wait!

My husband says we should wait because it's Xmas time and the post service is very slow! and it will take some days to arrive. It's been 2 months and 8 days and I need to have the CoaA ASAP!

If it helps:
I called HO Croydon and DEMAND a real answer! because it's impossible to get in touch with Liverpool office
Sent a daily email to NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk,
and contacted SOLVIT

Stay in touch to tell us how you get on, I will stay in touch as well.

Merry Xmas

:D

Berith

ribena

Post by ribena » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:39 pm

Hi Berith,
Thanks for replying.
I have sent mine on 16th Sept. Traced on royalmail - confirmed received on the 17th Sept. Been so frustrating to get hold of anyone.

What is the point of sending the application to Liverpool and we need to contact Croydon for update simply because the Liverpool number is utterly useless.

I have sent an email yesterday to NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. I will give them till new year to reply. If there is not reply from them, I will be contacting solvit as well.

Will definately give Croydon office a go. Hopefully someone will still man the calls.

Honestly I think it is a load of c*rap that letter sent on 16th dec still havent arrived. I got a parcel today and it was sent from UK itself last sat.

Oh well!. Will keep in touch too.

Merry xmas to all.
Hope next year brings us good news

Berith
Newly Registered

Post by Berith » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:23 pm

ribena wrote:Hi Berith,
Thanks for replying.
I have sent mine on 16th Sept. Traced on royalmail - confirmed received on the 17th Sept. Been so frustrating to get hold of anyone.

What is the point of sending the application to Liverpool and we need to contact Croydon for update simply because the Liverpool number is utterly useless.

I have sent an email yesterday to NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. I will give them till new year to reply. If there is not reply from them, I will be contacting solvit as well.

Will definately give Croydon office a go. Hopefully someone will still man the calls.

Honestly I think it is a load of c*rap that letter sent on 16th dec still havent arrived. I got a parcel today and it was sent from UK itself last sat.

Oh well!. Will keep in touch too.

Merry xmas to all.
Hope next year brings us good news
Hi Ribena!
Thanks for your reply!

It's really incredible how these people from HO are!!!

I was hoping to get it today but obviously didn't get anything :(

I have also sent an email today as you did and will wait for their response! I called Croydon and Liverpool and as usual I only got the voice mail!

Anyway! I guess we just need to wait and hopefully we will get good news sooner than later! and of course get Solvit involved. It's so frustrating honestly but I guess there's nothing else we can do and also especially because it's Xmas time, it's even more difficult :?

Ok stay in touch, I will!! and wish you the best for this Xmas and New Year :D

Berith

Berith
Newly Registered

Post by Berith » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:44 pm

Hi Ribena!
Thanks for your reply!

It's really incredible how these people from HO are!!!

I was hoping to get it today but obviously didn't get anything :(

I have also sent an email today as you did and will wait for their response! I called Croydon and Liverpool and as usual I only got the voice mail!

Anyway! I guess we just need to wait and hopefully we will get good news sooner than later! and of course get Solvit involved. It's so frustrating honestly but I guess there's nothing else we can do and also especially because it's Xmas time, it's even more difficult :?

Ok stay in touch, I will!! and wish you the best for this Xmas and New Year :D

Berith[/quote]

Hi Ribena and everybody! Very Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year

VICTORY!

I got a Xmas present from HO!!!! My CoA arrived yesterday 24 December after waiting for it for 2 months and exactly 11 days!!!! right before the end of December which is perfect for me because I need it to show it to my new employer on 5 January! Hopefully everything will be fine with her!

This is such a relief for me! and the best Xmas present! after all the work we did with my husband for the last 2 weeks calling, emailing, faxing and chasing them!!! I really don't know what it helped because we did everything to get it! including getting Solvit involved! but I am glad it worked!

Good luck everyone who is waiting for CoA's and keep on chasing HO because it's their job to help us!

I'll be in touch to keep you guys updated of my application! I really appreciate all the help

Best, Berith

shandave2001

COA

Post by shandave2001 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:25 pm

Berith and ribena

Plz keep updating rest of us. I know one can work once Certficate of Aplication is received. Do u know if one can get UK Driving Licence and/or State benefits based on CoA?

If not, what about after when EEA2 is successful and 5 years residence has been granted based on EEA's spouse/civil partner?

Or Driving Licence or State Benefit can only be received after permanent residence/indefinite leave granted?

ribena

Post by ribena » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:31 pm

Hi shandave2001,
Actually one doesnt need the CoA for work if you can proof or convince your employer so. They can check with BIA on employer helpline. But it does make our life easier. I dont know if you need CoA to apply for NI or open a bank account. Coz I have got them when I was here on another visa. My guess is if you can convince the employer to hire you HR would give you a letter for you to open a bank account for salary purpose (at least that was for my case).

Also, you dont need CoA for your Driving License. I have applied for my provisional license in Oct and they would need to see your passport. I dont know abt state benefit but best for you not to apply anything benefit unnecessary. I think other members who have more knowledge on benefit would be able to advise you better.

After you have fulfill the requirement for PR.. well u can apply for it.

Merry Xmas and may new year bring us good news
Good Luck.
Keep all of us posted :)

ribena

Post by ribena » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:33 pm

congrats Berith!

shandave2001

Post by shandave2001 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:51 am

Hi Rebena

Thank you for the reply. Hope u had happy X-Mass. It is someone else's case for which I m seeking advice. No, of course no state benefits, I m just trying to understand the full rights of a Non EEA spouse in such a situation where 5 years residece hasn't been granted yet. You said in ur last post: "Also, you don’t need CoA for your Driving License. I have applied for my provisional license in Oct and they would need to see your passport."

I think UK full Driving Licence is granted to only who have indefinite leave/ permanent residence in UK, isn't it? That is what they are asking in their requirements for full UK Driving Licence. Have u applied for ur provisional licence based on ur status of EEA spouse/civil partner (even though EEA2 5 years residence hasn't been granted yet)? If yes, then what status is that? Pending application of EEA2?

The case I am dealing with, there is non-EEA partner (he) of an EEA national (she) who is exercising her treaty rights in UK. Non EEA partner has no visa to stay in UK. He has blank passport (recently issued from his embassy in UK). He is planning to send his EEA2 application based on his relationship with his qualified EEA partner. The questions are:

1: Whether should I advise him to apply for provisional driving licence
based on his relationship with EEA partner, providing both passports,
proof of their durable relationship akin to marriage (fulfilling 2 years
rule), even though he hasn't send his EEA2 case yet? Or

2: He should wait until Certificate of Application has been received after
sending his EEA2 form to HO?

3: Is Non EEA, (as a partner of an EEA who is exercising her EU treaty
right) is entitled to Driving Licence without indefinite Leave/Permanent
residence by bypassing ordinary rule of indefinite leave/permanent
residence for this purpose?

4: if such a right exist, under which EU directive/UK law it is?

ribena

Post by ribena » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:00 pm

Hi shandave2001,
Just so we dont get confuse here, here a bit of my background:
Am married to a EEA National residing in UK. Came to UK on EEA FP in May. "Expired" in Nov. Applied for EEA2 on 16th Sept (still waiting for CoA). Have applied for provisional license in Oct and just passed my theory test on the 23rd Dec.

You can only get a Full UK driving license if you passed both theory and pratical test so I dont understand what has EEA2 application got to do with it. Once you are married to a EEA National residing in another member state, you have the same right as your partner (freedom of movement, work etc). So, I have already have the right. But still advisable to apply for the Residence Card. The residence card does not give you your right. It merely confirm the rights with you already have via your marriage to a EEA National.

I am sorry that I am not able to help any further as you have mentioned that the non eea partner has no visa to stay in UK. So what is his status here? Illegal immigrant? Overstayer? Asylum seeker? How long has he been in UK without visa? How long has he been with his partner? Nationality of his partner?

I think by telling us what nationality is he would help further and perhaps a bit more background. And much more experience member would be able to advise further.

Assuming that he has the correct visa to remain in the country:
1. He doesnt need to proof anything to DVLA on his relationship to the EEA National

2. I didn't send my CoA as I don't have mine yet

3. I think- anyone who is a resident in this country (lawfully(?)) are allowed to apply for a Provisional - Full Driving License.

But, in this case, I honestly don't know as the Non EEA partner doesn't have the visa to stay in UK.

My question is however does he really need to apply for provisional license?

ribena

Post by ribena » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:15 pm

arghh finally get on HO Croydon after 15 mins of waiting. Useless to be told 'your application is in progress'. where is my COA?!

I have sent 2 recorded letter in Oct and Nov, one fax and email and was told to wait till they send it to you in due course.

sigh~

Berith
Newly Registered

Post by Berith » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:43 pm

ribena wrote:arghh finally get on HO Croydon after 15 mins of waiting. Useless to be told 'your application is in progress'. where is my COA?!

I have sent 2 recorded letter in Oct and Nov, one fax and email and was told to wait till they send it to you in due course.

sigh~
Hi Ribena! Happy New Year to you!

I totally understand your frustration, seriously! It's incredible how incompetent HO is! I know for you it's been more than 3 months waiting for your COA but they must issue it!

I know you have called, faxed, emailed several times! My advise for you is that you keep on trying! Also get SOLVIT involved, they are really helpful and I am sure they will do something.

The best of luck to you and hopefully soon you will get a positive response!

Keep in touch, and anything you need just write :)

Best

Berith

ribena

Post by ribena » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:38 pm

Hi Berith,
Happy new year to you too. I called Solvit just before the new year hols and got their voicemail and left them a msg. today a lady from solvit rang me up and wants my details! i was excited (!). i honestly did not except them to call and was ready to make a trip down to london. my husband prefer to meet them face to face if possible.

anyways, i have sent her with the details she required and hope to get some good new soon <fingers crossed>.

tho nothing has been done yet but am extremely pleased with solvit action so far.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:03 am

Shavedave...... Are you just helping a friend out??? Because you wrote advising?? Is this person a client?

Anyway some info....as a spouse of an EEA citizen your "friend" should have the same rights as there EU spouse i.e live/work/move freely around the EU....The METLOCK case a spouse does not have to be legally resident in the EU before application!! please see the link below -

http://curia.europa.eu/en/actu/communiq ... 0057en.pdf

THe following link provides information on freedom of movement!

http://eumovement.wordpress.com/

But of course it will be more difficult to gt his RC if he had previously been an overstayer??? As it will look like he/she married their spouse in order to stay in UK! They will have to provide lots of supporting documents!

Can you provide more information? Nationality of both???

Current status in UK?

edwards79
Newly Registered

Post by edwards79 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:58 am

please i submitted my eea2 application on april 8, 2008 received reply on april 24. I am still waiting for my pasport. its frustrating. :(

edwards79
Newly Registered

Post by edwards79 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:24 pm

Please anyone in my shoe.

daria
Newly Registered

Post by daria » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:19 pm

Hello,

My EEA2 application was submitted on 23 April.
COA received in July 2008 dated month June.
After 2 written complaints, I have received a letter requesting additional docs on 26 November.

I have sent my additional docs on 03/12/08, still waiting.

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:39 pm

daria wrote:I have sent my additional docs on 03/12/08, still waiting.
I am sure that the UKBA was not doing much work over the 2 weeks around Christmas. So that would increase the previous wait of around 4 weeks to 6 weeks. Keep you hopes up, it should happen soon.

daria
Newly Registered

Post by daria » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:34 pm

daria wrote:Hello,

My EEA2 application was submitted on 23 April.
COA received in July 2008 dated month June.
After 2 written complaints, I have received a letter requesting additional docs on 26 November.

I have sent my additional docs on 03/12/08, still waiting.
just received phone call from my immigration advisor,
She received my passport with visa, it was stamped back in December, do not know what date exactly yet, will post later.
Good luck fro those who still wait!

edwards79
Newly Registered

Post by edwards79 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:59 pm

please how did you address the letter of complaint, was it signed by you both of by a solicitor.