ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3/4 Advice on required documentation

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

damianpfister
Newly Registered

EEA3/4 Advice on required documentation

Post by damianpfister » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:10 pm

Hi All

Arriving in the UK at the end of January 2007 and being in employment since 26 February 2007 until now I am at that point of needing to apply for my wife's EEA4 and my EEA3. I am Swiss and my wife is South African (her EEA2 expires in July) and come end Feb 2012 I will have been in active employment for 5 years.

Being pedantic I am looking to ensure I have everything that is required before sending off both applications, so wanted some advice.

1. Can I send both EEA3 and EEA4 applications in one large envelope, along with the required documentation of both, to the same UKBA address...or do they need to go different routes?

2. I have obtained the required evidence of full medical coverage for myself since arriving in the UK, however there is a gap in the coverage provided to my wife between April and December of 2011. Is this relevant at all, or am I only meant to show I was covered by comprehensive medical insurance over the last 5 years?

3. My wife has worked throughout the last 5 years, however was unemployed for 6 months in 2007 and 4 months in 2011. Will this count against her?

4. In my quest to prove I was employed over the last 5 years I have (or am working towards) obtained all my payslips, P60's, P45's, full bank statement (for 5 years) and full HMRC record (for 5 years). Would it be considered "too much" sending all of this information with our applications?

Since May 2009 I was permanently employed and have P45's and P60's to prove that, however from 2007-April 2009 I was working for various Umbrella Companies, through recruitment agencies. Some of these either no longer exist or do not have records that date that far back. As such I do not have a full complement of P60's for each year from 2007-2011....thus going down the route of requesting 5 years bank statements and a full HMRC record for the same period. I don't want to send 10kg's worth of documents, however I also don't there to be any doubt that I was in full-time employment (even as a contractor).

5. Do I need to provide a cover letter explaining my situation around employment whilst I was contracting? It looks a bit messy with me first having my own Ltd Company for 2-3 months, then moving to an Umbrella Company for around 6 months, then another Umbrella who had to move me after 6 months to one of their sister Umbrella companies (due to new changes in tax law at the time); then after about a year the sister Umbrella company decided to outsource their payroll to yet another company so I have a P60 from one company yet P45's from two for the same period. Overall I was still working through the same recruitment agency (except during my initial 6 months in 2007) and for the same client (who eventually took me on as permanent staff in May of 2009), however the Recruiter does not have records going back to 2007 (so that rules out a letter from them confirming my employment). The client also has limited records of my employment through them as a contractor (they have full records of me as a permanent member of staff though).

6. What is the best way to prove we were resident in the UK for the entire time? Our initial rental contracts were for either 6 or 12 months. We never renewed them, however continued living at the various locations (on a rolling 30 day contract) after the initial lease period ended. Do I need to send Council tax/telephone bills for each month for the last 5 years to confirm this or would this be overkill (too many docs)?

Thanks for the help!
Damian

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: EEA3/4 Advice on required documentation

Post by Jambo » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:54 pm

damianpfister wrote: 1. Can I send both EEA3 and EEA4 applications in one large envelope, along with the required documentation of both, to the same UKBA address...or do they need to go different routes?
Same envelope. Same address.
2. I have obtained the required evidence of full medical coverage for myself since arriving in the UK, however there is a gap in the coverage provided to my wife between April and December of 2011. Is this relevant at all, or am I only meant to show I was covered by comprehensive medical insurance over the last 5 years?
If you (the EEA national) have been in full employment, medical coverage evidence is not required.
3. My wife has worked throughout the last 5 years, however was unemployed for 6 months in 2007 and 4 months in 2011. Will this count against her?
Your wife employment is not relevant. It's the EEA national activities that mater. You don't need to submit employment evidence for your wife (but you can submit it as residence evidence).
4. In my quest to prove I was employed over the last 5 years I have (or am working towards) obtained all my payslips, P60's, P45's, full bank statement (for 5 years) and full HMRC record (for 5 years). Would it be considered "too much" sending all of this information with our applications?

Since May 2009 I was permanently employed and have P45's and P60's to prove that, however from 2007-April 2009 I was working for various Umbrella Companies, through recruitment agencies. Some of these either no longer exist or do not have records that date that far back. As such I do not have a full complement of P60's for each year from 2007-2011....thus going down the route of requesting 5 years bank statements and a full HMRC record for the same period. I don't want to send 10kg's worth of documents, however I also don't there to be any doubt that I was in full-time employment (even as a contractor).

5. Do I need to provide a cover letter explaining my situation around employment whilst I was contracting? It looks a bit messy with me first having my own Ltd Company for 2-3 months, then moving to an Umbrella Company for around 6 months, then another Umbrella who had to move me after 6 months to one of their sister Umbrella companies (due to new changes in tax law at the time); then after about a year the sister Umbrella company decided to outsource their payroll to yet another company so I have a P60 from one company yet P45's from two for the same period. Overall I was still working through the same recruitment agency (except during my initial 6 months in 2007) and for the same client (who eventually took me on as permanent staff in May of 2009), however the Recruiter does not have records going back to 2007 (so that rules out a letter from them confirming my employment). The client also has limited records of my employment through them as a contractor (they have full records of me as a permanent member of staff though).
I presume the bank statements are the heavy items so I would leave them out. A HMRC report should be fine.
You can add a letter if you feel it will make it easier for the case worker to understand.
6. What is the best way to prove we were resident in the UK for the entire time? Our initial rental contracts were for either 6 or 12 months. We never renewed them, however continued living at the various locations (on a rolling 30 day contract) after the initial lease period ended. Do I need to send Council tax/telephone bills for each month for the last 5 years to confirm this or would this be overkill (too many docs)?
If you kept the annual council tax bills, that would be one way or maybe quarterly bills. Alternatively, for your wife residence you can also use her P60's/payslips (if they have your address of them) as a way to prove residence.

People tend to send anything "just in case". I'm more in favour of sending reasonable amount of evidence. If the HO feels it is not enough, they could always ask for more but if you have been working for 5 years, then that alone should prove you have been living in the UK for that period. Having bank statements/bills covering every day of the 5 years is just a bit excessive.

damianpfister
Newly Registered

Post by damianpfister » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:59 pm

Hi Jambo

Thanks for the quick reply and great advice! :D

I will put together all the necessary docs and see how 'heavy' it is. The last thing I want is to have the case worker wade for ages through 'too much' info when 'enough' will do.

Azhaar
Mood:

Re: EEA3/4 Advice on required documentation

Post by Azhaar » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:10 pm

damianpfister wrote:
1. Can I send both EEA3 and EEA4 applications in one large envelope, along with the required documentation of both, to the same UKBA address...or do they need to go different routes? Its ok to send both in 1 envelope
2. I have obtained the required evidence of full medical coverage for myself since arriving in the UK, however there is a gap in the coverage provided to my wife between April and December of 2011. Is this relevant at all, or am I only meant to show I was covered by comprehensive medical insurance over the last 5 years? u only need full medical cover fot u n ur wife if at anytime u were a student or a self sufficient person.. but as i can see that u were self employed then employed which doesnt require the medical cover..

The non eea employment is irrelevant.. so dont worry about that gap
4. In my quest to prove I was employed over the last 5 years I have (or am working towards) obtained all my payslips, P60's, P45's, full bank statement (for 5 years) and full HMRC record (for 5 years). Would it be considered "too much" sending all of this information with our applications? to make it nice n easy send all p60s few payslips and few bankstatements -- say about 4 payslips for each year..

again send anything proving u were employed through the years.. even contracts or letters..

yes its best to include cover letter

same here make sure to send whats important only..
Thanks for the help!
Damian

Azhaar
Mood:

Post by Azhaar » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:11 pm

i think jambo was faster than me... (;

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:21 pm

damianpfister wrote:The last thing I want is to have the case worker wade for ages through 'too much' info when 'enough' will do.
Exactly. If we want the HO to handle our applications quickly, we should try and do the best from our side and make it simple for them.

Just a reference (and I agree that each case is different), people have received PR confirmation with application weighting less than 200gr (including 2 passports)...

damianpfister
Newly Registered

Post by damianpfister » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:22 pm

Hi Azhur

Thanks for confirming what Jambo said - this solidifies my case even further. You guys certainly are quick today in responding! :D

Will post my progress later. Thanks again...

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:48 pm

damianpfister wrote:Will post my progress later.
I think you should exclude bank statements (too bulky and unnecessary) and focus on your P45s and 60s and last three payslips plus utility bills. These should suffice to demonstrate exercising treaty rights and residence.

If my husband's theory that "the UKBA appreciates Swiss efficiency" is anything to go by, your PR card should be issued within 2 weeks. His PR application reached the UKBA on 24 Oct and his PR card was returned 4 Nov. He reckons that they "appreciated" how he presented his documentation - ordered in a folder, few but precise.

damianpfister
Newly Registered

Post by damianpfister » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:17 am

Hi Plum70

Thanks for the advice regarding the bank statements. I have actually ordered statements from my bank for the past 5 years, costing me £10 and I will need to wait 1-2 months for it to be arrive. I agree that all that paper would be overkill, however I do want to have some evidence of income especially during the initial 2 years when I was contracting. So I will pick-and-choose specific months to include - perhaps one for each year and then maybe the last 3 months.

Thanks
Damian

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:04 pm

damianpfister wrote:Hi Plum70

Thanks for the advice regarding the bank statements. I have actually ordered statements from my bank for the past 5 years, costing me £10 and I will need to wait 1-2 months for it to be arrive. I agree that all that paper would be overkill, however I do want to have some evidence of income especially during the initial 2 years when I was contracting. So I will pick-and-choose specific months to include - perhaps one for each year and then maybe the last 3 months.
When you were contracting, did you pay tax? If so then you can request proof of your tax payments for relevant years from HMRC.

I still advise leaving out the bank statements - bulky and unnecessary.

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:54 pm

I have actually ordered statements from my bank for the past 5 years
I'm not sure about it but I don't think they'll send you original ones(printed papers without bank log)as it's happened to me with Barclay's bank one year ago.

Azhaar
Mood:

Post by Azhaar » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:27 pm

reda wrote:
I have actually ordered statements from my bank for the past 5 years
I'm not sure about it but I don't think they'll send you original ones(printed papers without bank log)as it's happened to me with Barclay's bank one year ago.
Thats right I recieved copied which I sent to home office but j also included the letter that came with the statments.