ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 and new job offer, advide needed.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

3w0k99
Newly Registered

EEA4 and new job offer, advide needed.

Post by 3w0k99 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:19 pm

Hi

I sent my EEA4 application off 3 weeks ago and subsequently Ive been made a job offer, the problem is the employer is really pushing for some form of residence confirmation even though Ive explained that as a EEA family member I have the right to work (Ive provided evidence to back this up, passports, NI, birth certificates etc). Im supposed to start working for them in a weeks time, my concern is if the COA has not arrived in time I may lose the offer. The HO has been relatively unhelpful with the situation and what Im wondering is if anyone has any advice on what I could tell or show the employer if waiting for the COA becomes a problem; or is my best bet to just keep contacting HO.

(A bit of background information in case it may help, I arrived in the UK in 2001 with EEA parent on a family permit, had a 5 year residence stamp, I should have acquired PR on or after 30 april 2006, I have been studying from 2007 till this year.)

Thanks and I appreciate any thoughts anyone has on the situation.