EEA4 Applying In Person Application Information Removed.Why?

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, archigabe, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, ca.funke, Amber, sushdmehta, John, ChetanOjha, batleykhan, push, JAJ, sbrennan

EEA4 Applying In Person Application Information Removed.Why?

Postby manis » Fri May 27, 2011 8:33 pm

Hi every one. Uk border agency removed information about applying In person application from there website. Did they changed there mind to start this service?
Now its says [You must submit your application by post, to the address on the front of the application form.] no more words that in person application going to start soon. any comments:
manis
Newbie
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:59 pm

Postby andrej » Fri May 27, 2011 8:55 pm

I did not even know they were offering one day counter service for EEA4. I knew some vague info that they were going to start doing it. You would think that in these hard financial times the HO would be wanting to make some extra cash by offering this kind of service. I am willing to pay extra to be able to finish it all in one go/day. Anyone got some info on this?
andrej
Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:57 pm
Location: uk

Postby dotsystem » Mon May 30, 2011 3:30 pm

I think they have changed their mind. Lack of vision i think.
dotsystem
Newbie
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 1:28 pm

Postby mcovet » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:48 pm

Yeah, it's funny cause they had that survey in January, then they put up a notice on the website that they'll be introducinh a fee of £300 for premium in person applications and now it's removed.

Smth went wrong as they wouldnt miss an opportunity to make big bucks! Even though many claim it would be illegal to levy a charge
mcovet
BANNED
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:00 pm

Postby Confused! » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:09 pm

mcovet wrote:Yeah, it's funny cause they had that survey in January, then they put up a notice on the website that they'll be introducinh a fee of £300 for premium in person applications and now it's removed.

Smth went wrong as they wouldnt miss an opportunity to make big bucks! Even though many claim it would be illegal to levy a charge


It's probably because they can't charge for it as it would be illegal to do so under EU regs?

Personally, I'd sooner pay whatever it costs to have [whatever it is] done on the day so that I do not have to go through the inconvenience of sending off my passport, hanging around waiting for it to be returned etc.
Confused!
Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:44 am

Postby mcovet » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Yep, talk to the illegality, many people would rather pay the "illegal" fee then wait imprisoned for 3-6 months!

I had people going nuts withou being able to travel in emergencies, or being able to travel but going mad with applying for family permits just to get back into the UK. So yes, this is one of those times where ppl would rather pay and get done with it. £300 for a 5 year permit is £60 per year and £5 per mOnth to avoid pain of postal applications.
mcovet
BANNED
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:00 pm

Postby Confused! » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:21 pm

I see on the website that Croydon office now offers a limited number of appointments for in-person application for Registration Certificate for EEA nationals at their Croydon office. Since the family members of EEA nationals should be receiving the same rights as EEA nationals, I wonder if they would process the Residence Card applications in person?
Confused!
Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:44 am

Postby mcovet » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:44 pm

Confused! wrote:I see on the website that Croydon office now offers a limited number of appointments for in-person application for Registration Certificate for EEA nationals at their Croydon office. Since the family members of EEA nationals should be receiving the same rights as EEA nationals, I wonder if they would process the Residence Card applications in person?



Nah, thats been on for ages. Nothing new, just registration certificates, waiting time to get an appointment is as long i think as if u applied by post
mcovet
BANNED
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:00 pm

Re: EEA4 Applying In Person Application Information Removed.

Postby andrej » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:37 pm

manis wrote:Hi every one. Uk border agency removed information about applying In person application from there website. Did they changed there mind to start this service?
Now its says [You must submit your application by post, to the address on the front of the application form.] no more words that in person application going to start soon. any comments:


I just had some legal council today regarding my EEA4 application that is pending and was informed that "In person appliocations" at Liverpool were supposed to be commenced on the 1 June 2011 but for some "unknown" reason this date has been postopned and there is no indication on when this service will be re-opened. Could be a week, a month or it could be next year... Who knows, not even the HO! :cry: Hope this helps (probably not really)
andrej
Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:57 pm
Location: uk


Return to EEA-route Applications

 


  • Related topics
    Views
    Replies
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kevin111, RU55IAN, sharmarina, yoshi_jp, zusman and 17 guests