ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 Dilemma!!! Advise needed!!!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

EEA4 applicant
Newly Registered

EEA4 Dilemma!!! Advise needed!!!!

Post by EEA4 applicant » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:07 pm

Me Non-Eu about to apply for PR through EEA4 form, have all documents required by HO (or we think), but this week my Wife EU National had stopped working as had many issues at work and decided to leave.
These are the docs we intend to include in the application; I hope some one can comment on it in regards of it been enough or maybe needing to add more.
1. We have prove of her execising treaty rights since 2005 right up until 2011 through her P60's as well as mine since 2006 (year when i moved to the Uk)
2. Her ID and my passport.
3. Our joint account bank statements for 5 years. (Some are online banking prints stamped by the bank are these accepted?)
4. My current employment letter (Non-Eu) Since my wife stopped working won't be able to provide hers.
5. My last 3 months of payslips. (Non-Eu)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I understand she has to be exercising Treaty rights but as she is not under employment will this affect the application? I am currently in a good salary job and will be able to support ourselfs as well as she really needs a break from work, so she is thinking of beign off work for about a month, the only issue here is that i have to apply for the PR by the end of this month. What should we do about it? In the form should we say that she is currently economicaly self-sufficent? If so do we have to show like a vast amount of money in our bank account? and do we then have to buy the Medical Insurance since she is off work?
Im really Sorry for such a long post but do Really need an advise on this as we do not want the application refused or any trouble with it.
My appreciation in advance for any replies.
Thank you all.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

olcay
Newly Registered

Post by olcay » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:19 pm

Make sure, you buy the right 'comprehensive sickness insurance' which covers both of you and can demonstrate that you have enough money to live on while your wife is out of job. As well as these ask your wife to register with the job centre to secure yourselves fully.

wasimakram
Newly Registered

Re: EEA4 Dilemma!!! Advise needed!!!!

Post by wasimakram » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:39 pm

[quote="EEA4 applicant"]Me Non-Eu about to apply for PR through EEA4 form, have all documents required by HO (or we think), but this week my Wife EU National had stopped working as had many issues at work and decided to leave.
These are the docs we intend to include in the application; I hope some one can comment on it in regards of it been enough or maybe needing to add more.
1. We have prove of her execising treaty rights since 2005 right up until 2011 through her P60's as well as mine since 2006 (year when i moved to the Uk)
3. Our joint account bank statements for 5 years. (Some are online banking prints stamped by the bank are these accepted?)
4. My current employment letter (Non-Eu) Since my wife stopped working won't be able to prov
5. My last 3 months of payslips. (Non-Eu)

As I understand she has to be exercising Treaty rights but as she is not under employment will this affect the application? I am currently in a good salary job and will be able to support ourselfs as well as she really needs a break from work, so she is thinking of beign off work for about a month, the only issue here is that i have to apply for the PR by the end of this month. What should we do about it? In the form should we say that she is currently economicaly self-sufficent? If so do we have to show like a vast amount of money in our bank account? and do we then have to buy the Medical Insurance since she is off work?
Im really Sorry for such a long post but do Really need an advise on this as we do not want the application refused or any trouble with it.
Thank you all.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Better ask her to register with job centreplus.That will be considered as exercising treaty rights.Fact that you are working is not going to help you.

EEA4 applicant
Newly Registered

Post by EEA4 applicant » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:35 pm

Thanks for the replies. My wife would have to register at the Job Centre as what? not really familiar with what you mean by it. Any idea on the best heatlh insurance approved by the HO.
Is the list of docs that we intend to send enough? Thanks again in advance for any replies.

wasimakram
Newly Registered

Post by wasimakram » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:43 pm

EEA4 applicant wrote:Thanks for the replies. My wife would have to register at the Job Centre as what? not really familiar with what you mean by it. Any idea on the best heatlh insurance approved by the HO.
Is the list of docs that we intend to send enough? Thanks again in advance for any replies.
well obiviously job seeker..If she is registered as a job seeker that will mean she is exercising treaty rights and you don't have to buy any insurance .I had gone through all this trauma.Anyway how long it is left to apply for your PR.

wasimakram
Newly Registered

Post by wasimakram » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:54 pm

[quote="wasimakram"][quote="EEA4 applicant"]Me Non-Eu about to apply for PR through EEA4 form, have all documents required by HO (or we think), but this week my Wife EU National had stopped working as had many issues at work and decided to leave.
4. My current employment letter (Non-Eu) Since my wife stopped working won't be able to provdvise on this as we do not want the application refused or any trouble with it.
Thank you all.
I can tell you what I send with my application which was approved.
5 p60s,employer letters or contract,house contract for EEA national exercising treaty.
Each month's pay slip as my 1st year's p60 was missing, 4 p60s,house contract.
Plus we attached printed photocopies of our bank statements as we receive our statements onlinne.
Hope this may help

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:40 am

There is no need at all to send in bank statements, house contract or any details about your (the non-EU family member) job. If you have proof of five years continuous employment of your wife, that will be sufficient. That means she has acquired PR already, and you will qualify solely on the basis of five years being her family member and living with her in the UK. You will need to submit some sort of proof of being resident in the UK during five years
That your wife stopped working after acquiring PR, is totally irrelevant with respect to your entitlement to PR and you don't need to worry about it.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:01 am

fysicus wrote:If you have proof of five years continuous employment of your wife, that will be sufficient.
Actually, she needs to have been legally resident for 5 years, and that starts from the day the EU citizen arrives in the UK.

I have tried to lay it out in http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2011/05 ... nce-begin/
Last edited by Directive/2004/38/EC on Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wasimakram
Newly Registered

Post by wasimakram » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:08 pm

fysicus wrote:There is no need at all to send in bank statements, house contract or any details about your (the non-EU family member) job. If you have proof of five years continuous employment of your wife, that will be sufficient. That means she has acquired PR already, and you will qualify solely on the basis of five years being her family member and living with her in the UK. You will need to submit some sort of proof of being resident in the UK during five years
That your wife stopped working after acquiring PR, is totally irrelevant with respect to your entitlement to PR and you don't need to worry about it.
My mates document were returned back because he didn't send his own residence prove and it was written on the Home office letter that is why I attached all needed documents which were not required according to applicaiton form. And it was cofirmed by home office helpline that documents which proved I resided here also needed.Like P60S or bank statement.Well,we sent both and our documents were never returned.This was the case in 2010 things may have changed now.

EEA4 applicant
Newly Registered

Post by EEA4 applicant » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:19 am

Thank you all for your replies, it does clear up a lot of doubts we had.....Should my wife also apply for the PR EEA3? Would this make a difference or speed up my application? Is this regristration at the Job centre done on the day? And do they give some kind of letter or prove of her being registered with them?.
Once againg thanking you all for the replies.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:34 am

EEA4 applicant,

When did your wife first arrive in the UK?
When did she start working?
When did she stop working?

EEA4 applicant
Newly Registered

Post by EEA4 applicant » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:47 am

[quote="Directive/2004/38/EC"]EEA4 applicant,

When did your wife first arrive in the UK?
When did she start working?
When did she stop working?[/quote]

---------------------------------------
Wife came to the UK in Jun 2005 and engaged employment few days after arrival, she has a letter form Job centre for when she applied for her NI dated Jun 2005. Stopped working Jun 2011 but only temporarily.
We got married in Feb 2006 came to Uk on EEA FP in Apr 2006 after few months later applied for RC through EEA2 and she also did through EEA1 and she was issued a blue RC with no expiry date on it, also I have been in employment since my arrival in the UK.

We have her P60's for 2005-2006 right up to 2009-2010, still waiting for her P60 2010-2011 and P45 from last employee.

Thanks for your comments.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:45 pm

EEA4 applicant wrote:Wife came to the UK in Jun 2005 and engaged employment few days after arrival, she has a letter form Job centre for when she applied for her NI dated Jun 2005. Stopped working Jun 2011 but only temporarily.
From what you describe, she has PR right now. The clock started ticking on the day she arrived in the UK (for the first 3months there is no requirement that she works!).

Is she presently searching for new work, or waiting for a new contract to start?

EEA4 applicant
Newly Registered

Post by EEA4 applicant » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:58 pm

She left her last job about a week ago, and is thinking of taking a rest for about a month, but will eventually engage employment again, just not a this very minute. Thanks

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:28 pm

Well I hope she enjoys her break from working. So, at this point she has PR. She can and likely wants to work, but is not required to. She does not need to have private sickness insurance. She just needs to be aware that if she spends more than 2 years outside of the UK she could loose her PR.

So, you say you are just about in a position to also apply for PR and for the PR Residence Card.

Be aware that the application is not much about you. You do not need to have worked, or studied or anything particular. You just need to have been a spouse of an EEA citizen for the past 5 years, and she needs to have PR (which she does). So you do NOT need to submit your bank statements, or any proof that you have worked. It is all 100% irrelevant! You have PR even if you spent the last 5 years playing video games in your living room, which I am sure you did not!

You do need to submit evidence that YOUR WIFE has worked, and that you have been here with her. That is all.

EEA4 applicant wrote:These are the docs we intend to include in the application; I hope some one can comment on it in regards of it been enough or maybe needing to add more.
1. We have prove of her execising treaty rights (YES!) since 2005 right up until 2011 through her P60's as well as mine (NOT NEEDED!) since 2006 (year when i moved to the Uk)
4. My (NOT NEEDED!) current employment letter (Non-Eu) Since my wife stopped working won't be able to provide hers (HERS ARE NOT NEEDED!).
5. My last 3 months of (NOT NEEDED!) payslips. (Non-Eu)

As I understand she has to be exercising Treaty rights (NOT NEEDED NOW THAT SHE HAS PR) but as she is not under employment will this affect the application? I am currently in a good salary job and will be able to support ourselfs as well as she really needs a break from work, so she is thinking of beign off work for about a month, the only issue here is that i have to apply for the PR by the end of this month. What should we do about it? In the form should we say that she is currently economicaly self-sufficent (SAY SHE IS "ENJOYING HER PR"!)? If so do we have to show like a vast amount of money in our bank account(NOT NEEDED)? and do we then have to buy the Medical Insurance since she is off work (NOT NEEDED)?

EEA4 applicant
Newly Registered

Post by EEA4 applicant » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:42 pm

Thank you all for your replies, share of experience and knowledge, I really appreciate it. I will post the applocation next week and will keep posting the progress of my it. Once again Thanks a million.