ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ENQUIRIES ABOUT COA.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abelicon
Newly Registered

ENQUIRIES ABOUT COA.

Post by abelicon » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:00 pm

Hi everyone.I sent my eea2 application a bit over one month ago and have not recieved coa yet.Is it alright to call HO and if so WHAT NUMBER DO I CALL.thanks.

Godott

Post by Godott » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:33 pm

... Theatre of Absurdity..

Tanic
Newly Registered

Post by Tanic » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:50 am

My query with COA is this: Have secured employment (via Recruitment Agency) & given them the original COA & they took copy if it

They are now saying that this still is not proof of Right to Work & want to see my Passport

They are aware of the Employer Helpline but still want Passport

I am about to go crazy - this is the 1st job offer i have had :(

Anyone have similar experience, know what to do??

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:20 am

Tanic wrote:My query with COA is this: Have secured employment (via Recruitment Agency) & given them the original COA & they took copy if it

They are now saying that this still is not proof of Right to Work & want to see my Passport

They are aware of the Employer Helpline but still want Passport

I am about to go crazy - this is the 1st job offer i have had :(

Anyone have similar experience, know what to do??
Try to call the HO and explain your situation. When did you apply for the Residence Card? If this has been more than 3 months ago, most likely a decision is on its way so if you talk to the HO, this should speed things up.
Anyway, you should explain to the employer / recruitment agency that as your passport is with the HO, it will take 2-3 weeks to get it back and if they are not happy to wait until then and are not happy with your CoA, they should call the employer helpline to confirm your right to work.

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:27 am

Tanic wrote:My query with COA is this: Have secured employment (via Recruitment Agency) & given them the original COA & they took copy if it

Actually EEA FP is enough to work in the UK legally which is clearly stated on the official HO website. However, employers might not know that. They also might want to look at the passport, they even might want to see a Residence Card. I have a feeling that there is nothing we can do about it, can we?

We are moving to the UK soon, and I am anticipating similar problems. I would like to start working soon after arrival, but I doubt the EEA FP would be enough to convince employers I can work legally in the UK.

Tanic
Newly Registered

Post by Tanic » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:57 am

Spoke to Recruitment Agency again - they have said that COA is now ok BUT the only form of ID that they accept is Passport........which the HO has :evil:

I contacted the Helpline today & they said nothing has been sent out but to send in fax request with all details on, which i have now done, to get Passport returned.

It really is a Catch 22 situation :(

alekos

Post by alekos » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:53 am

Tanic wrote:Spoke to Recruitment Agency again - they have said that COA is now ok BUT the only form of ID that they accept is Passport........which the HO has :evil:

I contacted the Helpline today & they said nothing has been sent out but to send in fax request with all details on, which i have now done, to get Passport returned.

It really is a Catch 22 situation :(
I'm on the same boat. Employer has kindly given me a written job offer "depending on RC on passport". I've forwarded it to HO on 15 July. Same day, I've complained to HO about their slow service, and today I've contacted MP.
That seems to be all we can do.
Thank you everyone in this forum.