ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

failed EEA aplications

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

antonia15
Newly Registered

failed EEA aplications

Post by antonia15 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:20 pm

What happens if your EEA application is rejected?
Can you re-apply?
Can the UKBA ask you to leave the UK if they are not convised
you are a qualifing person?
Thank you.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:38 pm

You need to tell us a little bit more about your case. Why would HO think that you are not a qualified person? What are your current circumstances? What was the exact wording of the refusal? etc.

antonia15
Newly Registered

Post by antonia15 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:34 pm

The question was theoritical.
I have not applied yet.

I just wanted to know what my options are if for any reason
my application fails.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:14 am

I find it rather pointless to discuss hypothetical cases. Do you have any reason to expect a refusal?

Anyway, you could have searched the forums as this has been discussed several times before, e.g.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=53780
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46723
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=40234

anny83
Newly Registered

..also very much worried about getting a rafusal

Post by anny83 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:56 am

dear 86ti,

i am also very much worried about a refusal and wether ukba will send my husband back to his country(pakistan). I have been to a few negative speaking lawers who told us we would probably face a refusal and deport of my dear hubby.

my case is as follows i would very much appreciate your honest opinion on it:
I am a german citizen living in the UK since 2004. I was employed till jan 2009 now I have atoddler to look after. -ue to poor english my husband had struggled to find job.and went to barking college for 2 yrs to improve his english,after our baby was born and i was forced to leave job he started a part time job but still struggling to find full time. Due to our financial misery at this point we cannot survive without help with our rent, working tax and the child tax credits. now we need to apply for PR, but
some lawers say we must be faninancially completely independent b4 we do so and some say because we have already recieved benefit we have breeched the law and will not qualify for a isa or PR. but some also say that if I was working and excercising treaty rights we might still qualify despite the burden of benfit.
Who is right who is wrong,what shall I do if not only worry. i cannot afford a lawer, am already desprately searching for a job,i cannot imagine what i will do if they send my husband our sole earner in this family away. with such a small child how will i be able to sponsor my husband again and fullfill all the hard immigration categories??? I really very much need your advice!! It has taken my nights sleep away :(

thsths

Re: ..also very much worried about getting a rafusal

Post by thsths » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:50 pm

anny83 wrote:some lawers say we must be faninancially completely independent b4 we do so and some say because we have already recieved benefit we have breeched the law and will not qualify for a isa or PR. but some also say that if I was working and excercising treaty rights we might still qualify despite the burden of benfit.
Well, there is a bit of truth in all these statements. First of all your right to stay here is not seriously at stake. You have worked before, you are looking for work, and the child (German I hope?) also goes in your favour.

That being said you may not qualify for PR at this stage, because you did not work for quite a while. It is worth applying anyway, maybe it works, and if not you can still get another registration certification and residence card. I think it is essential that you demonstrate that you are looking for work - applications, invitations for interviews and most importantly refusal letters (hard to get nowadays) are useful evidence. There is a rule that you can only look for work for 6 months, but that may not apply in your case, and anyway it seems unfair in the current climate.

Theoretically it should make no difference, but if you can find work (any work, even part time at Tesco) that would probably make it more likely that the application is accepted.

anny83
Newly Registered

thanks for reply

Post by anny83 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:37 pm

Thank you very much for you reply. I know I have to just keep loooking for job. I was just about to apply for another job i really would like to get..please wish me best of luck that i get it!!!

but you also think that beeing on maternity leave and taking care my daughter( yes german) might be acceptable by them as i am now for over 6 months searching for job again,..on the HO page i have read about leaving work for baby but intending to come back at some point may not harm your rights,...but at some point is that also the case when the toddler is two??? i mean two years is still a fragile young age for a child to be left in care, isnt it?????

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:16 am

Anny83, can you please stay in your own thread please and stop hijacking multiple other threads. A little bit discipline may help you, actually!