ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting a working visa for my Argentinian girlfriend

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

adgyt
Newly Registered

Getting a working visa for my Argentinian girlfriend

Post by adgyt » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:53 pm

I am sorry - my question was:
I have the same problem, my boyfriend is Brazilian, I am French and I am going to work in the UK. We lived together only for 6 months due to work and study obligations. I was wondering if we could apply for unmarried partner visa if we had the French PACS
Thank you

secret.simon

Re: Getting a working visa for my Argentinian girlfriend

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:57 pm

As noajthan advised in this thread, the UK Home Office tends to stick to the two years "relationship akin to marriage" formula for durable relationships. However, it does take into factor extraneous details. I remember a case where a durable relationship was accepted for a couple who had an Islamic marriage and a kid, in spite of having lived together in a "relationship akin to marriage" (with shared bills, bank accounts, etc) for only a year and half.

But just half a year's cohabitation will most likely not be accepted. It needs to be proven to be more durable than that.

Can the mods please move both this and the thread linked to above to the EEA Route Applications forum?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.