Getting a working visa for my Argentinian girlfriend

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, sbrennan

Getting a working visa for my Argentinian girlfriend

Postby adgyt » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:53 pm

I am sorry - my question was:
I have the same problem, my boyfriend is Brazilian, I am French and I am going to work in the UK. We lived together only for 6 months due to work and study obligations. I was wondering if we could apply for unmarried partner visa if we had the French PACS
Thank you
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:35 pm

Re: Getting a working visa for my Argentinian girlfriend

Postby secret.simon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:57 pm

As noajthan advised in this thread, the UK Home Office tends to stick to the two years "relationship akin to marriage" formula for durable relationships. However, it does take into factor extraneous details. I remember a case where a durable relationship was accepted for a couple who had an Islamic marriage and a kid, in spite of having lived together in a "relationship akin to marriage" (with shared bills, bank accounts, etc) for only a year and half.

But just half a year's cohabitation will most likely not be accepted. It needs to be proven to be more durable than that.

Can the mods please move both this and the thread linked to above to the EEA Route Applications forum?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice. Being a Respected Guru does not mean I know more, it just means I can google better. Google knows it all.
Respected Guru
Posts: 3752
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Return to EEA-route Applications


  • Related topics
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], kinduzr and 32 guests