ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hopeless.Can you help?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bouzenad
Newly Registered

Hopeless.Can you help?

Post by Bouzenad » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:38 am

Hello. Im Polish and my husband is Algerian. We sent an application for his residential card 4 months ago so there is still 2 to go. He receive permit to work and has an insurance number. The problem is that home office took his Algerian passport and its expired anyway now . He doesn't have any id so we cant open bank account for him or get a job as everywhere they ask for Id or passport. I tried calling home office but its impossible to speak with them. I am hopeless i don't know what to do . He says he don't care but i see that he's angry,mad etc. I can imagine how he feels. Its not fair for a human to feel this way. And im really trying to help him but i have no idea what else i can do . If any of you have any advice please let me know . Thanks

Casa

Re: Hopeless.Can you help?

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:05 pm

Have you completed the online request return of documents form?
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:13 pm

If he did not have an EEA family permit before he applied, then it is unlikely his passport will be returned.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

JoannaF
Newly Registered

Post by JoannaF » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:25 am

I'm sure he could apply for his passport to be returned but i wish you guys luck with that cause I've been begging home office for my passport for nearly 8 weeks now. It states on their website that it takes 10 working days. I've made two requests online and 4 over the phone. No one wants to help and there is no way of contacting the Visa & immigration department itself. I event went Croydon but I was told that they can't help cause postal applications are dealt with in Liverpool or Sheffield (I've applied for permanent residency back in May) I meant to be In US right now so I'm losing my money and patience...