ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I am a British Citizen.Can my parents apply for EEA permit f

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rfaruque

I am a British Citizen.Can my parents apply for EEA permit f

Post by rfaruque » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:32 am

Hi, I have got few queries. I am an by birth UK citizen [EEA national] my parents are currently on visit visa [6 months] at UK.

I am there only child. Me and my husband both work and have decent income and accommodation. My parents are both 65+, They have got physical ailment. Financially dependent on me. No body to look after at back home. I literally need to bring them to me as there are no one to take care of them back home.

1.Could anyone please lead me which way to move forward:
2.Should I apply for EEA permit? residence card? how? from UK or from back home?
3.Instead, should I apply for the Immigration? if so, is that also from back home or from UK?

Many Thanks
Rumana

secret.simon

Re: I am a British Citizen.Can my parents apply for EEA perm

Post by secret.simon » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:17 am

rfaruque wrote:Should I apply for EEA permit? residence card? how? from UK or from back home?
No. EEA Route applications are only available to family members of non-British EEA citizens. Family members of British citizens must apply under the UK Immigration Rules.
rfaruque wrote:Instead, should I apply for the Immigration? if so, is that also from back home or from UK?
Be aware that Adult Dependent Relatives visas are practically impossible to get, with an almost certain case of refusal.

You will need to prove that (a) your parents need assistance with essential daily activities, such as bathing, washing, etc AND that such assistance is either not available or not affordable in their home country. Given that such assistance is invariably cheaper in most countries in the world, the visa is highly likely to be refused.

And once the ADR visa application is refused, they will almost certainly also be refused any future visit visas, as they will have declared an intent to reside in the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:17 am

In that case, can I apply for EEA residence card by going to any EU country? can my parents apply for the permit in that case?

What do I have to do to get the residence card in any other EU country like France/Spain?

Very sorry for asking so may questions. I am the only child of my parents and both of my parents have got heart attacks and several other physical ailments. I am quite desperate to bring them to me any how possible.

Thanks for understanding my situation.

Regards
Rumana

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:32 am

Assuming to want to bring your parents to the UK eventually, taking the Surinder Singh route would require you and your family to relocate to another EU state in entirety. In other words this would involve uprooting everyone and exercising your Treaty rights in your chosen EU state by working or studying.

In order to have any chance of success you would have to give up your home in the UK and show that you have fully integrated into local life in your new location...children attending school there, renting or purchasing a home, learning the language (if applicable), registering for tax etc.

This would ideally need to cover at least a 6 to 12 month period before returning to the UK, with your parents having lived with you in the EU state as wholly dependent.

Be aware however of changes after Brexit and that you may be stuck there if this route to settlement is closed.

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/surinder-singh

You should also consider the possible costs of medical treatment for your parents depending on the national rules on health care for non-EU residents.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rfaruque

Re: I am a British Citizen only child. How can I bring my pa

Post by rfaruque » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:13 pm

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am the only child of my parents [over 75] and it is being night-mere for me to think that they will have to pass the last days of their lives staying away from me.

I am by birth citizen of UK, me and my husband both work full time, have kids-house have got no problem to accommodate my parents. My whole life will b e upside down if I fail to bring them to me. Even if they are rejected the visit visas this will mean for me uprooting everything from here and relocating somewhere else.

I really dont know what to do. I dont have anybody back home that responsible that I could rely for my parents neither I am being able to bring them here to stay with me. They have come a number of times to UK and have never ever stayed more than 180 days. There 5 year multiple enty will expire at the end of this year.

Could any body kindly advice me what can I do. What should be my next course of action???

Thanks in advance

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:03 am

I don't have any further advice than I've already given, apart from you re-locating to your parents home country and caring for them there.

One word of caution, how are they covering the costs of any medical treatment while they are here in the UK? Do they have private medical cover. :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:18 pm

Hi,

They have got insurance when they travel at UK.

But they also had NHS no done a while ago when they first came over here around 1976. Since then they have been under NHS but not so regularly.

Their 5 year multiple entry will end this year. I have to reply in that case if cannot manage the EU route in the mean time.

Please advice of any pros and cons.

Thanks

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:12 am

They have got insurance when they travel at UK.

But they also had NHS no done a while ago when they first came over here around 1976. Since then they have been under NHS but not so regularly.

Their 5 year multiple entry will end this year. I have to reply in that case if cannot manage the EU route in the mean time.

I am by birth british citizen, i have spent most of my life here. Kids are grown. It is impossble to settle somwhere else. On the other hand I am the only one to take care of my parents specially at this age they hardly can make a cup of tea on their own.

Could you guys please advice me any solution that might be left for me ....

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:07 pm

rfaruque wrote: It is impossble to settle somwhere else. On the other hand I am the only one to take care of my parents specially at this age they hardly can make a cup of tea on their own.

Could you guys please advice me any solution that might be left for me ....

Thanks
Send money home for someone to look after them there.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:21 pm

Hi ,

could you kindly update me regarding the SS rout. I am planning to head Ireland to stay for 4 months to sort things out. If I am right from the threads that the time frame starts 2 years from last October. Am I right?

Thanks for helping.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:34 pm

rfaruque wrote:Hi ,

could you kindly update me regarding the SS rout. I am planning to head Ireland to stay for 4 months to sort things out. If I am right from the threads that the time frame starts 2 years from last October. Am I right?

Thanks for helping.

Regards
What timeframe starting in October are you talking about?

What country are your parents from?

4 months is not sufficient in Ireland to use the SS route. You should look at 6 months to a year and remember, if you are married etc, your spouse will have to move with you, ie. you have to move your whole life to Ireland.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:28 pm

From 2016 October?
Parents are from Bangladesh
Married; got kids. can relocate with kids for 4 months. Even though we both got permanent job in uk
Brexit kicking in--- what s the time frame in my hand to start and end the project?

Thanks in Advance. Much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:34 pm

I don't understand what you are referring to regarding October 2016??

The WHOLE family must relocate, spouse and kids included.

You probably need 6 to 12 months in another EU state and show evidence (to come back to UK) that you integrated into life in the other EU state etc.

HO have made this route more difficult recently.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:40 pm

rfaruque wrote:From 2016 October?
Parents are from Bangladesh
Married; got kids. can relocate with kids for 4 months. Even though we both got permanent job in uk
Brexit kicking in--- what s the time frame in my hand to start and end the project?

Thanks in Advance. Much appreciated.
You need far more then 4 months, more like a year in order to prove it's not merely an attempt to circumvent UK immigration rules. Which of course it plainly is, so you have to show it's not a construct to facilitate that.

Remember too that a lease for a property is six months min., you'll need to show that for SS.

So you need to quit UK jobs, sell or rent out property, remove kids from school, let HMRC know you're no longer tax resident in UK, subject to part-year tax treatments etc.

Brexit will start in March, so who knows what transitional rules UKVI will bring in, one thing for certain is they will not favour this route.

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:58 pm

Is it advisable to start the process now? do you guys think I can finish the whole process before the implication of Brexit kicks in?

Regards

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:08 pm

rfaruque wrote:Is it advisable to start the process now? do you guys think I can finish the whole process before the implication of Brexit kicks in?

Regards
Nope. Not IMHO.

rfaruque

Immigration from Dubline IE

Post by rfaruque » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:57 pm

Hi,

I am a British Citizen by birth.
I am starting a new job in DUBLIN from May 2018.
I have 2 girls who will be going to school there and settle.

I have to bring my parents (non EU) so that they can join me in DUBLIN as a resident.

My question is in case I dont like DUBLIN I want to come back the UK next year by March 2019 will I have trouble? Can my paretns come along with me in UK as well to settle in UK? What sort of porcedure will they have to follow?

Can any one help.

Thanks in Advance.

vinny

Re: I am a British Citizen.Can my parents apply for EEA permit f

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:41 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mkhan2525

Re: Immigration from Dubline IE

Post by mkhan2525 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:02 pm

rfaruque wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:57 pm
Hi,

I am a British Citizen by birth.
I am starting a new job in DUBLIN from May 2018.
I have 2 girls who will be going to school there and settle.

I have to bring my parents (non EU) so that they can join me in DUBLIN as a resident.

My question is in case I dont like DUBLIN I want to come back the UK next year by March 2019 will I have trouble? Can my paretns come along with me in UK as well to settle in UK? What sort of porcedure will they have to follow?

Can any one help.

Thanks in Advance.
As long as you and your parents have returned to the UK by 29 March 2019 there shouldn't be any issues. Although you should in theory be able to return anytime before the end of the transition period in 2021, the EU Agreement doesn't cover SS rights. Therefore HO have leeway to set the end date because as far as they are concerned they do not have to extend the settled status scheme to SS families.

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:28 am

Many thanks for your reply.

Two specific queries regarding this:

1- When my parents applying for VISA to come to Ireland are they applying for visit visa and then can they convert to residency visa? they will be dependent on me. Can they straight away apply for dependant visa to come to IE from Bangladesh?

2- When they come with me in uk hope fully by 29th March 2019-- how will they be coming to UK with me I mean how will I apply for them? As resident of IE accompanying me (British Citizen) coming to UK?

Many thanks

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:15 pm

Dear all,

could one of you kindly answer my query as above please.

Thanks

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:44 pm

Hi ,

I would be grateful if somebody could help me here.
I am applying for my Non- EEA parents to join me at Ireland.
(I am British Citizen and I want my parents to join my in Ireland when I work)

Which category I am applying ?
Is it:
Family member EU/EEA?
Also should I apply for short stay or long stay?

basicblue2k
Ireland

Post by basicblue2k » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:31 am

rfaruque wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:44 pm
Hi ,

I would be grateful if somebody could help me here.
I am applying for my Non- EEA parents to join me at Ireland.
(I am British Citizen and I want my parents to join my in Ireland when I work)

Which category I am applying ?
Is it:
Family member EU/EEA?
Also should I apply for short stay or long stay?
They could enter with their British visa into Ireland if it has "BIVS" mentioned. Other wise you could apply a type C social visit Irish visa (prentending to be a short visit) or the preferred Join Family visa though this might take many months to process (possible 6+ months). Once you enter Ireland and you have all the associated documentation ready you could apply residence permits for your parents with the help EU1 form.

Also, be aware that the Residence permit might even take a year to process and there is a risk that due to brexit you might not be able to return to UK with your parents and end up staying in Ireland. I suppose that is still a better future for you and your family rather than your parents languishing alone in Bangladesh.

All the best..

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:48 pm

Many Thanks for your reply.
I know this is critical and I hope I can make it! It is a big move for me..

I am starting my job from 15th May, my salary is 44K/annually do you think that is above the threshold for sponsoring?

Also the time frame that you mentioned (6 months or more) is it for parents to get the VISA from Bangladesh or for the residency process at IE...

Also, supposed they have got the residency in IE -- through which rout would I apply for them to bring to UK? is it dependent visa ?

Many Thanks again.

rfaruque

Post by rfaruque » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:09 pm

I have got one more question relating to this.

Some of the solicitors advised me that it would be better for my parents to apply fo r a multiple entry 2 or 5 years visit visa from Bangladesh to UK now as a safe guard if my plan to bring them through does not get fulfilled -- they can still travel to UK,

Do you think it is a good idea?
suppose they get IE residence with in a year and then we apply for UK from IE as dependent VISA for UK -- in that case will this multiple entry UK visa trigger any issue. What I mean is, will the visa issuing officials might say that the parents already got multiple entry VISIT visa and will not thus accept the Dependent Visa application? is this idea detrimental then?

Thanks