ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Surinder Singh for us?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dantheman71
Newly Registered

Is Surinder Singh for us?

Post by dantheman71 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:44 am

Hi, Can anyone help.
I have applied 3 times now for spouse visa for my ukranian wife to come to U,K with me but refused 3 times on really stupid reasons
I have now decided to go the surinder singh route. I have been offered a job teaching english in budapest and intend to go there soon where my ukranian wife will join me she can only get 90 day visa (shengen) to come over Is this enough for us to be there and apply for eea family permit and return to uk together? Some people say it should be more than 3 months but she cannot get a visa for longer than that? Can anyone advise?

Thanks

Dan

noajthan

Re: Is Surinder Singh for us?

Post by noajthan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:48 am

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one).

No need for multiple posts.

Start here:
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/citizen/doc ... 013_en.pdf

Be aware of UK centre of life requirements applied on top of the cleaner, purer EU law.
And wife won't have time to acquire PR on this route now, due to Brexit.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

dantheman71
Newly Registered

Post by dantheman71 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:58 am

Hi, Thanks for your help. How long does my wife need to be there to then apply for the EEA family permit?
I thought 3 months would be O.K?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:05 am

dantheman71 wrote:Hi, Thanks for your help. How long does my wife need to be there to then apply for the EEA family permit?
I thought 3 months would be O.K?
You and wife need to move your centre of life to target country.
3 months is no good for UK rules.

6, 9, 12 months or more may do it.

dantheman71
Newly Registered

Post by dantheman71 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:41 am

if I did apply after 3 months and got turned down, could I just reapply again until they say yes?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:48 am

dantheman71 wrote:if I did apply after 3 months and got turned down, could I just reapply again until they say yes?
Some people get refused 2 or 3 times before success; some never succeed.

The history you build up will be held on record and may be taken into account each time.
If you apply in month 3, 4, 5, 6 its going to be pretty clear you have no long term interest in settling in the host state.
Motive is not an issue under cleaner, purer EU law but HO appear to take it into account.

dantheman71
Newly Registered

Post by dantheman71 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:19 pm

Thanks. The system is terrible. I earn enough money,I have been married 18 months I have applied 3 times for spouse visa and the last time they turned me down was because my wages were 20.00 different to the money going in my bank .
I have spent nearly 20,000 over the last 2 years on visas and travelling to see my wife.
I have been told she can get a romanian passport for 2000 euros takes 10 months and she has to visit romania twice and she gets her passport after that, its all legit
What do you suggest. If i apply for spouse visa again they will just pick up on the discrepency in wages again.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:58 pm

dantheman71 wrote:Thanks. The system is terrible. I earn enough money,I have been married 18 months I have applied 3 times for spouse visa and the last time they turned me down was because my wages were 20.00 different to the money going in my bank .
I have spent nearly 20,000 over the last 2 years on visas and travelling to see my wife.
I have been told she can get a romanian passport for 2000 euros takes 10 months and she has to visit romania twice and she gets her passport after that, its all legit
What do you suggest. If i apply for spouse visa again they will just pick up on the discrepency in wages again.

I have no idea about 10 months for a Romanian passport.

You can do SS, get spouse RC in country then use that to come to UK.