ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

List of Supporting Documents for EEA4

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sunil_kumar
Newly Registered

List of Supporting Documents for EEA4

Post by sunil_kumar » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:55 pm

Hello All,
I hope you all are having a nice weekend.

My Current Situation:
- I am married to a French Wife since 5 years.
- We also had a successful COA before our weedding in the UK.
- My current Residency Permit is expiring in June 10.
- I successfully passed my Life in the UK Test yesterday.
- Both of us have been exercising Treaty Rights in the UK since 7 years (even 2 years before our wedding)

Now the time has come for me to apply for ILR and I would like:
1. To know the comprehensive list of documents from successful candidates to give me an idea of what's needed
2. Any valuable tips and suggestions
3. Advice on timing of application. Some say I can apply only 28 days before and some say you can apply anytime

The last time I came here looking for advice I was amazed by the number of keen individuals who came forward offering me advice. By looking at the number of members I am confident that its improved further...

Looking forward to your replies all...

troubled

Post by troubled » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:08 pm

I have been through that process and here are some of the documents HO requested from me:
(1)Evidence for the past five years showing that your spouse exercised the treaty rights
(2) Evidence to show that you have exercised the treaty rights for 5 years
these may include: payslips.P60, tenancy agreement,utility bills, letter from employer
(3) Valid passport for both of you I mean you and your spouse
(4) Evidence to show that you were living together i.e joint bank statements, joint named utility bills etc.
These are the likely documents HO will request from you.Mine was refused after waiting for one year and 3months because my spouse passport has expired though I supplied them all the documents requested for the past 5 years and beyond.I wish you all the best.

sunil_kumar
Newly Registered

Post by sunil_kumar » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:23 pm

Thanks a lot mate.

Did you send the Originals or photocopies of all the evidence ?

Did you apply 28 days before your Residence Permit was expiring ?

Sorry to hear about your application though and thank you for the valuable input on Passport. Luckily our passports are expiring in 2014.

thsths

Re: List of Supporting Documents for EEA4

Post by thsths » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:05 am

sunil_kumar wrote:Now the time has come for me to apply for ILR and I would like:
You apply for Permanent Residence (PR) using form EEA4, so the conditions are quite different from ILR.

You can apply 5 years after your marriage, and you need to demonstrate that you both have been living here, and she is exercising treaty rights (P60 are quite good for that). But it seems the application takes quite a while - hopefully just under 6 months, maybe more.