ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Living in UK for 6.5 years - first year w/o Comprehensive In

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

meinecelina
Newly Registered

Living in UK for 6.5 years - first year w/o Comprehensive In

Post by meinecelina » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:02 am

Hi everybody,

my husband and I came to the UK in May2010 shortly after my husbands retirement.
He has now applied for the permanent residence document and has received it a week ago.
I start my application now and I have the following question:

During the first 12 months I was working on a book project and was "Self sufficient" with enough funds to bridge the first year in the UK. Unfortunately I didn't realise that I needed for this time comprehensive health insurance cover. After 12 month I become then employed and have worked since then, apart from a couple of months between jobs, when I haven't claimed any benefits.
Does this first year without the health insurance cover void my chances completely to get PR? Or does the time afterwards count enough to be accepted.

Many thanks for your help!
Celi

MrSlyFox

Re: Living in UK for 6.5 years - first year w/o Comprehensiv

Post by MrSlyFox » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:17 am

Don't worry, the time without Health insurance won't count as residence towards PR however luckily it was at the beginning rather than the end or it would have restarted the five-year requirement to be a qualified person to achieve PR. So long as you have a continuous five year period as a qualified person you will have PR. :D
Although if your Husband was a Qualified Person (Not as a student or self-sufficient) you could apply as his family member. I.e. he would be your sponsor
Last edited by MrSlyFox on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:19 am

You need 5 continuous years as a qp not 4.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

meinecelina
Newly Registered

Post by meinecelina » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:01 pm

Thank you so much for the replies - this forum is really great!
I feeling a bit better now and hope that everything will work out.

Thanks again, and have a very good time!

Celi

tmonaghan
Mood:

Post by tmonaghan » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:08 pm

Hi MrSlyFox,
" however luckily it was at the beginning rather than the end or it would have restarted the five-year requirement to be a qualified person to achieve PR." is interesting... Where did you get that information from please?

Thanks, Trevor

MrSlyFox

Post by MrSlyFox » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:37 pm

tmonaghan wrote:Hi MrSlyFox,
" however luckily it was at the beginning rather than the end or it would have restarted the five-year requirement to be a qualified person to achieve PR." is interesting... Where did you get that information from please?

Thanks, Trevor
I just meant if it was resvesed, say four years working and one year self sufficient without CSI at the end. Would have meant five years behind on acquiring pr as the time without CSI would have meant the op wasn't a qualified person and reset the clock. However I believe the op can apply being a family member of a qualified person I.e. Her husband as sponsor