ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Married partners living apart

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

forestgump

EEA2 without a valid passport

Post by forestgump » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:19 pm

Hi all.
My first application for Residence Card was refused on August 2016 and Home Office had retained my passport. 8th of September I sent new application without my valid passport (exlpained in my cover letter, that they allready have my passport and can take it at any time).
Tomorrow will be 5 months since I had applied, and I think, it's not gonna be a problem if I had applied without my passport? Does somebody had the same situation?
Thank you

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Re: EEA2 without a valid passport

Post by Wise » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:41 pm

5 month you said! if you haven't receive any Certificate of Application/acknowledgement correspondent since then that mean they wanted to waste your time in UK and just choose to ignore you or somebody is not doing there job.

Best thing is to ring them and ask provided you have sent them all the necessary document this time just to prove that you qualify for what you apply for, otherwise back to the beginning.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:52 pm

Residence Card can take up to 6 months to be processed, so 5 months is not abnormal.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

forestgump

Post by forestgump » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:00 pm

Wise wrote:5 month you said! if you haven't receive any Certificate of Application/acknowledgement correspondent since then that mean they wanted to waste your time in UK and just choose to ignore you or somebody is not doing there job.

Best thing is to ring them and ask provided you have sent them all the necessary document this time just to prove that you qualify for what you apply for, otherwise back to the beginning.
The payment was taken in 5 days after application was received by HO. Biometric data was taken as well. I had received a CoA.
Everything going like in my first application. But I just wondering, does anybody had the same situation (submit second application after refuse without a passport).

forestgump

Post by forestgump » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:40 pm

up

forestgump

Married partners living apart

Post by forestgump » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:43 pm

If we living separately, could this be the reason of the refusal?
We are working in different cities (me - London, she - Glasgow), that's why we living separately at this time. I attached joint photos since we met, skype chatlog (like a proof that we keep in touch).

The second question is, after my first application a got a refuse and HO retained my passport. So my second application I had applied without my passport (just explained in my covver letter that my passport they already hold). Could this be a reason of refuse?

Thanks for all

forestgump

Re: Married partners living apart

Post by forestgump » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:57 am

Any ideas?

forestgump

Post by forestgump » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:24 pm

Could somebody help?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:44 pm

forestgump wrote:If we living separately, could this be the reason of the refusal?
We are working in different cities (me - London, she - Glasgow), that's why we living separately at this time. I attached joint photos since we met, skype chatlog (like a proof that we keep in touch).

The second question is, after my first application a got a refuse and HO retained my passport. So my second application I had applied without my passport (just explained in my covver letter that my passport they already hold). Could this be a reason of refuse?

Thanks for all
You are not required to live together but you do have to convince the Case Worker that your relationship is genuine and your marriage is subsisting. If you have only submitted evidence of photos & skype logs without showing you have spent time together, this may well be in doubt.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

forestgump

Post by forestgump » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Casa wrote:
forestgump wrote:If we living separately, could this be the reason of the refusal?

Thanks for all
You are not required to live together but you do have to convince the Case Worker that your relationship is genuine and your marriage is subsisting. If you have only submitted evidence of photos & skype logs without showing you have spent time together, this may well be in doubt.
In few days it's gonna be 7 months since I applied for RC. I saw that a lot of people already received their RC in 6 months timeframe.
Could this be a reason why case worker still not made a decision? But if they need more evidence why not to contact me? I didn't heard anything from them.
My local MP made an enquiry with UKVI and they said her that my RC and all of the documents was despatched to me, but that false as I check on the Royal Mail website, and there is no information about my parcel (I put a Special Delivery Guaranteed envelop).
I called them 4 times and they just said "keep waiting".
Why do they give wrong information?

I submitted our photos from wedding, some events, skype and viber logs (that we are keep in touch).

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:53 pm

Don't you ever meet in person :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

forestgump

Post by forestgump » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:58 pm

Casa wrote:Don't you ever meet in person :?:
Sure we do.
But we don't have any tickets or email confirmation for bus travel

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:01 pm

forestgump wrote:
Sure we do.
You've not spent time together since you married in July 2015 :?: :!:
(Casa, not CR001)

forestgump

Post by forestgump » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:02 pm

Casa wrote:
forestgump wrote:
Sure we do.
You've not spent time together since July 2015 :?: :!:
We spent. I just did not understand your question correctly.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:04 pm

I'll try to put it more clearly. How many times have you met in person since you married in July 2015?
(Casa, not CR001)

forestgump

Post by forestgump » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:07 pm

Casa wrote:I'll try to put it more clearly. How many times have you met in person since you married in July 2015?
We married in July 2015. Then she came back to London. I joined her in October 2015 via EEA Family Permit.
After that she get a good contract in Glasgow and I staying in London (have good contract as well).
We meet each other every 2-3 weeks on weekends.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:18 pm

forestgump wrote:
Casa wrote:I'll try to put it more clearly. How many times have you met in person since you married in July 2015?
We married in July 2015. Then she came back to London. I joined her in October 2015 via EEA Family Permit.
After that she get a good contract in Glasgow and I staying in London (have good contract as well).
if you are unable to submit evidence of these meetings I suspect that the HO will call you both for an interview to confirm the relationship is genuine and not a marriage of convenience.
(Casa, not CR001)

forestgump

Post by forestgump » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:39 pm

Casa wrote:
forestgump wrote:
if you are unable to submit evidence of these meetings I suspect that the HO will call you both for an interview to confirm the relationship is genuine and not a marriage of convenience.
I would not like to go through this path, as I heard that it so stressful, and even a few incorrect answers (with over than 500 questions) could lead to unsuccessful interview.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:44 pm

Have you held any other category of UK visa prior to entering on the Family Permit?
(Casa, not CR001)

forestgump

Post by forestgump » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:59 pm

Casa wrote:Have you held any other category of UK visa prior to entering on the Family Permit?
I had family visitors visa which was issued in March 2015 (I went to my grandmother on vacation for a couple of weeks).
I got my family visitors and family permits without any problems.