ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name spelling on a PR certificate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

klimentov
Newly Registered

Name spelling on a PR certificate

Post by klimentov » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:35 pm

I have received mine, my husband and my daughter Permanent Residence Certificates, unfortunately my daughter name and sex was wrong. The sex on the document was Male, and her name in spelt according her Polish Passport RaJa, not according her UK Birth Certificate and attached to that Deed Poll which is RaYa.
I’ve sent a letter and her document back for correction and I got the new one today. Her sex had been changed to Female ( even that you apologise about this you still put Master on the postage label on the envelope and you missed to send me the list which state from when she is Permanent Residence with her correct title – I only have one which said she is MASTER).
Her name hasn’t been corrected which for me make this document invalid because she is not known as RAJA in UK and do not appear as RAJA on any official UK document since 2013. Your explanation about this is that she is spelt Raja in her Polish passport and the name is taking her name as appear on the passport. If I want her name on the UK certificate to be Raya I need to provide a passport where she is spelt RAYA. Unfortunately I can’t provide this because she will be spelt Raja in her Polish Passport forever because that is the way to spell her name in Polish with the Polish alphabet.

In this case why they didn't spell my name as it is according to my passport – Радослава Жребиец? This is my original name and how it is spelt in my Bulgarian passport – the Latin translation is only to make it easy for countries which don’t use Cyrillic. Why they didn’t spelt my husband’s name as it is on his Passport with the slash on top of Z which is Źrebiec but it is spelled only Zrebiec?

I’m planning to register my daughter as British Citizen and she will be spelt in her British Passport Raja, not RAYA which is completely wrong since 2013. You are completely ignoring the deed poll certificate and her UK birth certificate. She is born in UK in 2011 and never lived outside UK.

I spoke with the home office and they advice me to change her name on a Polish passport to RAya and then reapply again - but I can't. According her polish birth certificate she is Raja Zrebiec and in the polish passport must be RAJA because this is the correct spelling to be enunciate Raya,

I don't know what to do now. Could you advice me please? Thank you.

LillyPearl
Newly Registered

Re: Name spelling on a PR certificate

Post by LillyPearl » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:45 am

I had the same problem with my PR. My name is spelled with two different spellings in my Greek passport, in order to satisfy the requirements of Greek law. Unfortunately, the clerk at the home office chose to write it using the spelling that does not appear in any other document.
I did not do anything to correct it. I applied for naturalisation asking in a letter I submitted with the application for my name to be spelled as in the documents I submitted with the naturalisation application (university degrees etc.). Of course this did not happen. So as soon as I became a citizen I returned the naturalisation certificate with proof of my name (birth certificate, Greek passport) and it was corrected.

The alternative I suppose is to have her name changed by deed poll, but you said you've already done it.