ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation for non-EEA FM of an EEA National with PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sunrise80
Newly Registered

Naturalisation for non-EEA FM of an EEA National with PR

Post by sunrise80 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:27 pm

Hi,
I would like to ask, according to link provided below,
1. first case is:
EEA national with PR status applies for Neutralisation (British Citizenship) before their non-EEA family member completes 5 years under EEA regulation).
What would be the non-EEA spouse's status if their EEA national family member applies for Neutralisation (British Citizenship)?

2. Second case is:
If EEA national with PR status applies for Neutralisation (British Citizenship) and at the same time their Non-EEA family member also completes 5 Years under EEA regulation.
Can non-EEA family member straight away apply for Neutralisation (British Citizenship) after getting PR card? (Without waiting 1 years after PR status).

The link provided below says same things but not sure about non-EEA family member case.
Please advise.
Thank you.

page 10, third paragraph.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2016.pdf

noajthan

Re: Naturalisation for non-EEA FM of an EEA National with PR

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:37 pm

1) Non-settled, non-EEA FM loses their sponsor and possibly their basis on which to remain in UK.
Unless McCarthy applies.

2) Yes, settled applicant may apply under section 6(2) of BNA if spouse has succeeded under section 6(1) of BNA.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

sunrise80
Newly Registered

Post by sunrise80 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:34 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I am bit confuse with these BNA rules.
I will bring more light on my case.

I will be completing 5 years as a non-EEA family member of an EEA national in October 2017 and my EEA national spouse will be completing 1 year of EEA PR status in May 2017.
My EEA national spouse intend to apply for Neutralisation (British Citizenship) at the end of year in 2017, but once I (non-EEA) get PR status.
So that means I (non-EEA) will be able to apply Neutralisation (British Citizenship) straight away without waiting for 1 year after PR is issued.

The below link is to support case.( 5th point)
https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-c ... sh-citizen

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:42 pm

Yes, you have a good understanding.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.