ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not sure what to do next !!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

phleim
Newly Registered

Not sure what to do next !!!

Post by phleim » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:21 am

Hello All,

Hope u all enjoying the nu year.

Anyway not looking good for me to be honest. !!

Will appreciate if anyone could share some advice.

National - Non-EU
Married for 3yrs and 5months
Lives in the UK for 5years
Present Visa status - EEA2
Visa Expires 2019 Jan.

I have been married for 3year and roughly 5months .All was looking good not until last year April.
Started having issue with wifey.Stopped living together around June 2016. And after the brexit vote, she decided london was not for her and went back to Latvia. Which obviously is not good for me as the rule has it that she has to be here in the UK atleast working.

Now she wont even talk to me , neither is she planning to come back to london anytime soon . Feels a bit confused where my life is heading to with this .So i cannot travel out of the country as in the past everytime i travelled , i was always asked where is my wife.

On the other hand , i work and earn 40k per annum ,pay my taxes etc.

1. From your experience so far , what would you advice me to start doing now ? Obviously i will like to get her back but it is not looking good atall from relationship point of view as we end up with arguments every time i try to talk to her on phone.

I understand i can divorce now, but her absence(not working) from the UK is absolutely not helping matters.

2. From a visa/document point of view what would you suggest ? I obviousely want to remain in the uk .

3. What are my possible options and how can i work towards it atleast until before 2019 ?

Will appreciate your CANDID contribution . Please be as blunt as you can as it helps me get a clear picture of everything

Warmest Regards
Phleim

noajthan

Re: Not sure what to do next !!!

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:47 am

Most unfortunate.

Co-habitation is not necessary as long as still married.

Absence up to 6 months does not break continuity of residence (yours or sponsors).
A one-off exceptional absence of up to one year may be permitted.
But sponsor leaving and not coming back is problematic.

ROR is in the frame if you divorce but you may struggle with the prerequisites:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf

How long has wife lived/worked (etc) in UK? Has she acquired PR or near to doing so?
(If sponsor has PR or near to it then is Brexit really the reason to leave or just an excuse).

Best bet is a reconciliation either in sponsor's country, somewhere else in EU (fresh start?) and/or in UK.
Worst case you may have to find some basis to remain in UK under own steam, possibly under UK domestic PBS route.
Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.