ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

One month gap between study and work?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mark83
Newly Registered
Italy

One month gap between study and work?

Post by mark83 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:37 am

Hi all,

Apologies if this question has already been addressed, but I haven't been able to find a relevant thread.

I'm about to complete my PhD and have an employment contract lined up for a postdoc. But the contract begins one month after my PhD deadline, so I believe for that one month, I will neither fall into the category of student nor of employed person.

Is a one-month gap like this going to be a problem for acquiring PR? Could I get around it by maintaining my CSI and claiming self-sufficiency during that one month? Or is this unnecessary?

Thanks very much for your help!

Obie
Ireland

Re: One month gap between study and work?

Post by Obie » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:06 pm

You certainly can continue with the CSI. You can be a jobseeker also after your studies and you are not required registration with Job centre for that.

1 month is an immaterial period within the grand scheme of things.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors