ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online Form for Requesting Return of Documents

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kafworld
Newly Registered

Online Form for Requesting Return of Documents

Post by kafworld » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:47 am

Hi All,

On the UK Visa and Immigration online application for returning documents there is a section for inputting a "royal mail or courier reference number."

Anyone know if this refers to the tracking number of the original RM package that I sent to Home Office or if it refers to the self-addressed return envelope I included with my original package?

Also, does anyone have guidance on when to request passport back so that it won't affect application? I've read that people request it after COA is received and others do it the day Durham records receipt of the application. Your experiences are appreciated.

Thanks

GMB
United States of America

Re: Online Form for Requesting Return of Documents

Post by GMB » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:16 am

The tracking number they want is the one you used to send the application to them, not the one from your return envelope.

I've requested all passports be returned twice so far, for two different applications -- one in 2012 and one a week ago. In both cases it was within 48 hours of them signing for receipt of the application packages. In 2012 I had the passports back in five days. It remains to be seen how fast I get them back this time.

kafworld
Newly Registered

Post by kafworld » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:25 pm

@GMB Please update this thread when you receive your passports.

I'm thinking to wait until I receive COA before I request them back. I noticed a trend on this board that once COA is received and soon after the request is made, that passport/documents seem to arrive with residence card included in no time.

GMB
United States of America

Post by GMB » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:12 am

Update, as requested:
EEA3 and 2x EEA2 applications sent 16 June 2014.
Applications received by UKVI Durham on 17 June 2014.
All passports requested back via online form on 19 June 2014.
All three passports and CoAs for the two EEA2 applications arrived on 27 June 2014.