ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport return - how soon does MP intervention solve it?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

coronita

Passport return - how soon does MP intervention solve it?

Post by coronita » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:03 pm

Hi all,

I know many people have been through the trouble of getting back their documents from HO, and some had to turn to their MPs for help on the issue.

I requested my EEA sponsor's passport back on 13th January. When it did not show up after 10 working days, I made a second request and contacted my MP on 26th January. I called MP's office on 27th and was told that she had e-mailed and written to HO. Today when I called again to follow up, MP's assistant said it takes 8-10 weeks for HO to respond to them and there's nothing else they could do.

I've read in some members' posts where MP's intervention solved the matter swiftly. Can anyone been through this share some experience and advice?