ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residence - Continuity of residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sil_doroftei
Newly Registered

Permanent residence - Continuity of residence

Post by sil_doroftei » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:21 pm

Hi all,

I am writing here to ask for help & clarifications whether the continuity of residence still applies in my case.

I have came to the UK in September 2012, finished my studies in May 2015 (I had a Comprehensive Sickness Insurance the whole time during my studies) and I have been in full employment until November 2016.

I then decided to quit my job and came to France for further studies - a course of 9 months, from which 6 months is a paid internship.

According to the EEA regulations, my continuity of residence, in this case 9 months, shouldn't be affected as I came here for studies. Am I right, would someone be able to advise?

Would I be able to apply for PR in September 2017 if after finished my course, I return to the UK, find a job and therefore qualify as a worker?

secret.simon

Re: Permanent residence - Continuity of residence

Post by secret.simon » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:37 pm

You should be fine
Regulation 3(2)(c) wrote:one absence from the United Kingdom not exceeding twelve months for an important reason such as pregnancy and childbirth, serious illness, study or vocational training or an overseas posting.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

sil_doroftei
Newly Registered

Re: Permanent residence - Continuity of residence

Post by sil_doroftei » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:57 pm

Thank you for your reply, Simon!

Just to clarify: If I return to the UK after I finish my studies in France and I qualify as a worker or student (with the CSI), I should be able to apply for permanent residence in September 2017, as I arrived in the UK in September 2012? I just want to make sure that my studies in France won't be considered a break and I won't have to wait another 9 months before being able to apply for PR.