ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residency certificate as self employed

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lighe89
Newly Registered

Permanent residency certificate as self employed

Post by lighe89 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi,

I am applying for a permanent residency certificate. I was self employed (director of my limited company) for the last 5 years, and I would really appreciate a few clarifications regarding sufficient evidence of self employment. Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Tax and national insurance documents

(a) Income tax documents

I am planning to send tax calculations and self assessment returns. I have tax calculations for all years except one, when I forgot to print it. This is > 4 years ago and HMRC online only allows you to print them for up to 4 years. For this year, the self assessment should cover me, except I do not have formal proof it’s been received by HMRC (which is required). Would providing bank statements (where the tax payment will show) be enough?

(b) National insurance documents

I do not have any of the documents required in the guidance notes; I believe any national insurance is being paid through self assessment although I haven’t been required to pay it every year. Is providing only my SA returns enough? Will this be a problem?

(c) Proof of VAT registration (if applicable):

My company has been voluntarily registered for flat rate VAT. Do i need to provide documents for this section?

--------

Proof of earnings from self-employment

I am planning to send copies of invoices and statutory accounts together with a letter from my accountant confirming gross/net profit.

-------

Evidence that business is actively trading

I am planning to send copies of invoices & bank statements. Is this enough? Can you simply print your bank statements using online banking or do you need to provide original bank statements?
I do not have contracts with my customers; I do not buy equipment regularly (have purchased a computer) and I do not pay for advertising. I also don’t want to provide testimonials from my customers unless absolutely necessary.

--------

In summary, I will send for each year:

- SA returns
- Tax calculations
- Business Bank Statements
- Invoices
- Business statutory accountant
- Letter from accountant

Does this constitute sufficient evidence of self employment?

Many thanks for your help!