ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residency for EEA citizen, health insurance issue

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

biophoto
Newly Registered

Permanent residency for EEA citizen, health insurance issue

Post by biophoto » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:40 pm

Hi everyone,

Apologies for reviving an old thread. I'm hoping someone can help with this issue I've been trying to wrap my head around for a while and has been eating away at my sanity.

I am currently putting together documents for my PR card application. I have been studying in the UK since 2010 as follows: September 2010-June2013 undergrad studies; October 2013-ongoing postgrad studies. I have not had any CSI and I've worked part time but with considerable gaps between jobs.

I do have a yellow card Registration Certificate issued in May 2011, which means I am qualified for the transitional arrangements for students, however, would this cover me for my time as a student now? I realise the gap between the undergrad and postgrad courses is quite big, however on the HO letter that came with the yellow card it states that "you may work for more than 20 hours a week during the four months immediately following the completion of your course" - does this mean this gap is covered? Would I be granted the PR?

Also, does anyone know what the Registration Certificate number is? My yellow card has a number on the bottom of each page, and another number on the top left side of the vignette, and I'm not sure which one to write down on my PR application.

I would be incredibly grateful if anyone could kindly help me out!

DogLady
Newly Registered

Re: Permanent residency for EEA citizen, health insurance is

Post by DogLady » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:56 am

I honestly don't know much about students situation but being an European student, have you considered European Health Card issued on you country of origin?

I'm also applying for a PR at the moment and I have some concerns as well, so I rang the Home Office. They told me if for my personal reasons (my dependent relative needing to leave the UK for more than 6 months) She doesn't qualify for PR, she could renew her residence permit for another 5 years. But I'm not sure if this would help you, as you and I have Residence certificate, not permit.

When applying I include both numbers on the certificate.

I hope that helps a bit while someone with more experience can help you.

Greetings

biophoto
Newly Registered

Post by biophoto » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:35 am

Hi DogLady,

Thank you for taking the time to reply and for the info. Unfortunately my country of origin is such a bureaucratic pit of despair it turns out I cannot have EHIC if studying in a foreign country.

I am entirely depending on my yellow card at the moment.

Very best of luck with your application!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:51 am

biophoto wrote:Hi everyone,

I do have a yellow card Registration Certificate issued in May 2011, which means I am qualified for the transitional arrangements for students, however, would this cover me for my time as a student now? I realise the gap between the undergrad and postgrad courses is quite big, however on the HO letter that came with the yellow card it states that "you may work for more than 20 hours a week during the four months immediately following the completion of your course" - does this mean this gap is covered? Would I be granted the PR?

Also, does anyone know what the Registration Certificate number is? My yellow card has a number on the bottom of each page, and another number on the top left side of the vignette, and I'm not sure which one to write down on my PR application.

I would be incredibly grateful if anyone could kindly help me out!
Other members have reported their trusty Yellow card has saved the day. Suggest apply on that basis.
If in doubt quote all the reference numbers.

Ref: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... issued.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

biophoto
Newly Registered

Post by biophoto » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:33 pm

Hi noajthan,

Thank you for your advice. I guess I should just take the plunge. Will let you know if successful. Cheers!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:53 pm

biophoto wrote:Hi noajthan,

Thank you for your advice. I guess I should just take the plunge. Will let you know if successful. Cheers!
You are not the first, won't be the last.

See examples:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... l#p1407857
&
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... l#p1363872

Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

biophoto
Newly Registered

Post by biophoto » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:09 pm

Got my PR card today! only took two months! over the moon.
thanks noajthan for your input :)
next step...saving money for citizenship!