ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR and Comprehensive Sickness Insurance Cover

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

egpel
Newly Registered

PR and Comprehensive Sickness Insurance Cover

Post by egpel » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:35 pm

Hello everybody, I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice.

I moved to the UK as a child in 2004, and I completed my Secondary and Further education here. I then also went to University in the UK in 2010. I have been working here full-time since graduating.

As far as I am aware, I have not had comprehensive sickness insurance, only the European Health Card Issued in the UK. Is there a way around it, especially as I lived here as a child prior to attending University? What documents would I need to submit?

Thank you for your help!

noajthan

Re: PR and Comprehensive Sickness Insurance Cover

Post by noajthan » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:44 pm

Who did you live with as a child (in UK)?
Parent?
Union citizen?
Qualified (or settled person)?

You may have acquired PR as early as 2009

Follow the guidance, submit rock solid documentary supporting evidence from both you and any sponsor.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

epel
Newly Registered

Post by epel » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:07 pm

Thank you for your reply! I've struggled to access my original account, but the original query is mine.

When I came to the UK, I lived with my mum, an EU immigrant to the UK. She was and is working in the UK.

If I was to submit an application for PR, and if I have qualified from 2009, - would I need to submit all of my mum's residency documents alongside my school records etc. from that time? Also, would I need to submit anything proving my relationship to my mum (and that I was her dependant)? Thank you in advance.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:17 pm

epel wrote:Thank you for your reply! I've struggled to access my original account, but the original query is mine.

When I came to the UK, I lived with my mum, an EU immigrant to the UK. She was and is working in the UK.

If I was to submit an application for PR, and if I have qualified from 2009, - would I need to submit all of my mum's residency documents alongside my school records etc. from that time? Also, would I need to submit anything proving my relationship to my mum (and that I was her dependant)? Thank you in advance.
Yes.
Yes.
No - not if under 21 at the time.

Start here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... als-v4.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.