ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR applications and caring for son

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nabelle
Newly Registered

PR applications and caring for son

Post by nabelle » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:19 am

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and so far I've found it so helpful with lots of information.
I would like to get some help and clarifications please, as I'm completing my EEA(PR) form and about to send it for my DCPR application.

I'm an EU citizen and I've been leaving in the UK for 11 years now.
I came here in November 2005 and I started working in December 2005 ,continuously, until September 2011
(2 different jobs) and my child was born in 2009 in the UK.
So I think I've acquired permanent right to reside?

My child has a disability and I am his main carer and in 2014 I've applied for some carer benefits support, I did pass the HRT test with the job centre, that confirmed that I'm permanently resident in the UK and I can access the social security.
So I've been supporting my son since and in the near future I will be able to find work again ,part-time.

My questions are :

Can I used the 5 years continuous work period between 2005 and 2011 to apply for DCPR ?

Do I have to add a cover letter to specify what I have done between 2011 - 2014 (where I attended a course at university) and between 2014 and 2016 ? as well as specifying my current situations?

There is also a section about benefits in the form, can I skip it or should I send HMRC documents and any other doc. stating the different benefits I got and the one that have stopped?

Should I add the HRT document from Job centre? Can my application be rejected for that?

Which document should I send for my child (dependent family member) to show that he was and still lives here (apart from the passport)?

Do the HO need to see the old passports , as I don't have them anymore?

Thanks a lot for help and answers.

nabelle :D

noajthan

Re: PR applications and caring for son

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:58 am

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

nabelle
Newly Registered

Post by nabelle » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:23 pm

Thanks for the right thread and hopefully will get some responses soon to help me with my application.

nabelle

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:53 am

Try for evidence of treaty rights 2005-2010.
You need EU id or passports to prove ids.
Prove relationship and son's residence in UK too.

For example:
  • School letters;
    Health authority letters;
    Doctor/dentist/optician/clinic records;
    Youth club/Scouts/cadets records;
    Church/temple/mosque records;
& etc etc

Did you take maternity leave towards end of 2009-2010?
Do you have supporting evidence (which will help you retain rights as a worker qualified person) whilst on maternity leave?

nabelle
Newly Registered

Post by nabelle » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:38 pm

Hi,

thanks for your response. I'm gathering as much documents as I can find to support my application. Yes, I did take maternity leave for about 9 months and went back to work in early 2010 on a part-time basis. The only documents I have are a few payslips showing the SMP payments for that time and maybe a return to work letter from my ex-employer. Hope that'll do.

Also, the EEA-PR application asks to specify any kind of benefits and tax credits received during the 5 years period (section 16 of the form I think); so should I write about the ChB and ChTx Cr. I received for my child for that particular period,including any HMRC documents?

Thanks a lot.

Nabelle

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:38 am

nabelle wrote:Hi,

thanks for your response. I'm gathering as much documents as I can find to support my application. Yes, I did take maternity leave for about 9 months and went back to work in early 2010 on a part-time basis. The only documents I have are a few payslips showing the SMP payments for that time and maybe a return to work letter from my ex-employer. Hope that'll do.

Also, the EEA-PR application asks to specify any kind of benefits and tax credits received during the 5 years period (section 16 of the form I think); so should I write about the ChB and ChTx Cr. I received for my child for that particular period,including any HMRC documents?

Thanks a lot.

Nabelle
Sounds like you can make a case for period 2005-2010.
You need evidence of residence from 2005 up to currenbt date ofcourse.
That is separate from evidence of treaty rights and helps show you have not lost subsequently PR (through absence) if you have acquired it.

See if employer can provide any more letters, confirmation of any maternity arrangement & etc.

If a worker, benefits should not be an issue but those questions in PR form go over and above what is required by EU law.
You do not have to prove you received benefits.

After 2010 any benefits claimed are immaterial assuming you have acquired PR status by then.