ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Qualified Person

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alxhix
Newly Registered

Qualified Person

Post by alxhix » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:49 am

I asked a load of questions that came about as trying to understand how claiming DLA for my son would impact my own status; and was directed to this board for some of them. I hope you can help me untangle the web of confusion. This is why I'm not a lawyer!

So my wife is EEA (German); although born in South Africa. I'm here on an Ancestry Visa; which will lead to ILR and then nationalisation. We were planning on nationalising my wife after 5 years; and the kids (twins, 8 yo) at the same time. They currently travel on German passports (childrens passports)but haven't been registered with German authorities so aren't EEA despite the statement in the passport that they are.

Since my wife doesn't work, it has been suggested I get their status as "qualified persons". Had to look that up - and I understand we need to be self sufficient (which she is based on my income) and have CSI - which we will get, via the BUPA scheme my company offers. The Government website, gov.uk directs me to a form called "Application for a registration certificate as a qualified person EEA(QP)". Is that what I need to fill in and apply for? What does it entitle her to, or is it just a good to have when the UK exits from the EU? Does it help with the applications for ILR/PR later on?

Also - do I apply for the kids? It can't be the same form; as the "Student" section is clearly not aimed at school-going kids.

Thanks

noajthan

Re: Qualified Person

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:54 am

Yes, EEA QP for mom.
It results in a RC - a merely confirmatory (but useful) document.
But, typically, any transitional arrangements (for those in flight on EU trajectory) are predicated on having EU documentation by a key date.
So it could prove a wise investment.
(In this case, it depends on outcome of Brexit negotiations ofcourse - all yet TBC).

Form EEA (FM) for children. Mom as sponsor.
Unless they apply as selfsufficient qualified persons in own right - using EEA (QP) form.

:!: You need to investiagte whether carer's allowance/DLA impacts (disqualifies) self sufficient qualified persons.

:idea: See Aire Centre's work in this area and, in paticular, regarding whether carers are worker qualified persons.
Ref http://www.airecentre.org/data/files/re ... s-2014.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

alxhix
Newly Registered

Re: Qualified Person

Post by alxhix » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:35 am

Thank you - I've also mailed the AIRE centre.