ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal of EEA(QP)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

frandias
Newly Registered

Refusal of EEA(QP)

Post by frandias » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:48 pm

Hi,
I have applied for my children's Residence certificate. It was refused stating reason no evidence that children holding CSI and declaration of sufficient resources. I am a Portuguese national and working full time in uk and having registration certificate of UK. My children are also Portuguese national studying in UK.
At the time of application I have not attached any documents of myself to their application. I want to know are they required to have CSI Cover even if I submit my bank statements and salary slips and my registration certificate. Second do I have to reapply a fresh or I can submit the documents what they required and request them to reconsider my applications that they have refused. I had a 14 days to appeal from 20th Dec 2016.

Many Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Refusal of EEA(QP)

Post by secret.simon » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:04 pm

How old are the children?

Did you fill in the form as dependents of an EEA citizen exercising treaty rights (yourself) or did you fill in the form as students?

If the latter, they are required to have CSI. Not required if the former.

Also, can the mods move this to the EEA Route Applications forum?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

frandias
Newly Registered

Post by frandias » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:21 pm

Hi secret.simon,
I have applied on EEA(QP) as student individual form. My elder son is will be 18 in Jan'17. They are also EEA national. I already have a registration certificate and full time in work. Do I have to use different form.
Last edited by frandias on Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:23 pm

If you are sponsor and a qualified person (working or selfemployed) then minors have no need for CSI.

However you would need to have submitted details of;
your id;
proof of relationship;
your exercise of treaty rights;
your proof of residence in UK.

Unclear how you could have missed all that.

By omitting such information (and adequate supporting evidence) a hard-pressed caseworker seems to think minors were either selfsufficient or students which explains supposed need for CSI.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:24 pm

You used the wrong form and I believe that is where the confusion occurred. You ought to have used EEA (FM) for the children as they are not qualified person, but family member of a qualified person.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

frandias
Newly Registered

Post by frandias » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:31 pm

Hi,
I have checked the form EEA(FM) , i think it dose not have a option to apply only for my children, as myself already has a registration certificate issued. I want to apply for my children age 7,14 & 17 will be 18 in Jan. Which form should I use?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:46 pm

If they are dependents then use EEA FM - read it again.

frandias
Newly Registered

Post by frandias » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:47 pm

Hi,
I have read the form EEA(FM). it say's 'you & family member'. I don't know which form to use. I am a EEA national already having a registration certificate of UK for myself, I want to apply for my 3 children who is also EEA national having Portuguese passport and like to apply for registration certificate. I don't know in which category and on which form I should apply. Please anyone can guide me in this matter. Will be a great help.

Many Thanks.
Francisco

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:34 pm

EEA FM.
You as sponsor go in Section 2.

frandias
Newly Registered

Post by frandias » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:43 pm

Hi noajthan,
Thanks for your advise. Do you mean one of my child as applicant and two children as family member and i as a sponsor, is it?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:11 pm

frandias wrote:Hi noajthan,
Thanks for your advise. Do you mean one of my child as applicant and two children as family member and i as a sponsor, is it?
Yes that should work.

Alternately you could use one form per child (with you as sponsor on each one), for example if applying at different times.