ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration certificate (prev. student w/o CSI, now worker)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

asd567
Newly Registered

Registration certificate (prev. student w/o CSI, now worker)

Post by asd567 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:13 pm

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the eligibility for a registration certificate after having been a student without CSI.

I am an EU national and have studied in the UK for eight years (undergraduate and postgraduate). I was not aware of the CSI requirement and therefore this time will not count towards permanent residency. However, after finishing my studies last year I have started working in the UK and now no longer need to have CSI. In light of changes that may come my employer has encouraged EU employees to obtain evidence of their current status in the UK.

I have therefore decided to apply for a registration certificate, but then stumbled across Question 10.9 (How long have you lived in the UK?).

Am I eligible for a registration certificate, even though I have lived in the UK for longer than five years and only recently became a "qualified person" (i.e. a worker who does not require CSI)?

Many thanks for your help/opinion!

secret.simon

Re: Registration certificate (prev. student w/o CSI, now wor

Post by secret.simon » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:00 am

You are entitled to a Residence certificate at any point in time when you are a qualified person not having acquired PR. So, yes, you should be issued a Residence certificate on application.

Did you have any non-NHS health coverage in your home country for any five continuous years period of your studies (such as parental health coverage, non-UK EHIC card, etc)? In that case, you will have acquired PR automatically. Some people on these forums have reported success getting a DCPR issued by the Home Office with a letter from their home country health insurance provider stating that they were insured for health purposes in the UK. You may wish to look into these alternatives.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.