Supporting Documentation Required for Self-Employed Apps

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, sbrennan

Re: Supporting Documentation Required for Self-Employed Apps

Postby jdhuyrtyu » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:39 pm

a few questions I'm trying to figure out lately regarding self employment / taxes / comprehensive health insurance:

1) If you apply for permanent residence on the basis that your eu partner is self employed and didn't have to pay taxes for a year because of low earnings - does that affect your case?

2) Do you suggest adding a comprehensive health insurance due to self employment in general, or in case of low earnings?

we are not really interested in health insurance - but a friend suggested to do so because her application (eea2, self employed) failed and after she added a comprehensive health insurance to her application it was successful.
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:03 pm

Re: Supporting Documentation Required for Self-Employed Apps

Postby a.s.b.o » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:34 pm

HO introduces minimum earnings threshold in order to qualify an EEA citizen as a self-employed. My earnings now, however, are variable. My parents' application for RC is still pending.

I start teaching at university in 2 weeks (as a teaching assistant). In conjunction with this, I will have a contract (for at least 3 months) and that will exceed that threshhold. I also continue to be self-employed.

I am aware that my parents' application will be determined by 02 December (6 months since June application). I want to collect latest evidence of being over this threshold - university contract, evidence of latest self-employment - and to forward it to HO. I also want to demonstrate that I transfer money into my parents' account for their expenses.

Many would suggest wait and see if this will be required. I am conscious of the potential additional expenses if HO makes a decision to discard my self-employment and to class me as non-qualified EEA citizen. I want to prevent a possibility.

Can you please share your thoughts on what would be optimal to do in our situation?
- thin ice -
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:00 pm


Return to EEA-route Applications


  • Related topics
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 7pixie, cindy88, Google Adsense [Bot], mithuncox, Tufail101 and 70 guests