ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting documents for proof of residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

barnpoly
Newly Registered

Supporting documents for proof of residence

Post by barnpoly » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:55 pm

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of filling in the EEA(PR) form and gathering all the relevant documents.
The 5 year period I intend to apply for is between Dec 2011 to Dec 2016.

However, between Nov-2011 to Feb-2015 I rented a flat through a private landlord where all bills where included in the rent. As such, I have no bills in my name for that duration and the only tenancy agreement I've ever had from renting that place I think I must have thrown away 2 years ago or so.

Apart from bank statements for that period I don't have any other sort of bill or statement to include as additional proof. No driving license, no NHS bills, nothing like that.

I might have the ocassional bank letter or HMRC letter but obviously these don't span multiple months throughout each year. i.e. they won't be evenly spread across a whole year like the guidance notes put it.

Would bank statements and a couple of random letters be enough or should I give up on that application because they might reject it for lack of documentation?

I've been employed full time for the past 5 years with the same employer so I have to provide all P60s and employer's letter. Would I need to also provide payslips?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

noajthan

Re: Supporting documents for proof of residence

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:12 pm

Welcome.

You have to prove you were resident in UK during and since qualifying period.
And physically present in UK 5 years before application.

Why are you restricting yourself to past 5 or 6 years?
When did you first enter UK?

Proof of residence could be some or all of, for example, government or local government and/or quasi-official documents:
  • Tax documents;
    Council tax bills;
    Utility bills;
    Driver's license;
    Voter registration/electoral roll;
    Insurance (house/car);
    Medical letters/registration with RHA;
    Doctor/Dentist/Optician letters;
& etc etc
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

barnpoly
Newly Registered

Post by barnpoly » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:48 pm

Thanks for your response.

Well I originally came to the UK in 2002 (as a student) at the time. After about 7 years I left away (Aug 2009) for two years and came back to permanently settle since Aug-2011. I started my employement as I mentioned Oct-2011. I still have the same employer.

Due to that 2 year period being away from the UK, from what I understand I lose any chance of using a qualifying 5-year period prior to that absence so effectively the "counter" was reset in my case. But even if that was not the case I don't have any bills etc going that far back.

Which is why I decided to use the past 5 years as the qualifying period based on whatever documents I can gather since my return here.

My situation is a bit peculiar because I have no bills for that initial period at all.

To be more precise,

Tax documents (I have a couple but they don't span the whole year for each year)
Council tax bills (only from the past 2 years)
Utility bills (only from past 2 years)
Driver's license (don't have any)
Voter registration/electoral roll; (I only registered recently)
Insurance (house/car); (none)
Medical letters/registration with RHA; (none)
Doctor/Dentist/Optician letters; (none)

Like I mentioned I have the odd bank letter from opening an account or some HMRC letters but that's about it.

Which is why I am not sure whether I should go ahead with the application or abandon the thought altogether.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:02 pm

barnpoly wrote:Thanks for your response.

Well I originally came to the UK in 2002 (as a student) at the time. After about 7 years I left away (Aug 2009) for two years and came back to permanently settle since Aug-2011. I started my employement as I mentioned Oct-2011. I still have the same employer.

Due to that 2 year period being away from the UK, from what I understand I lose any chance of using a qualifying 5-year period prior to that absence so effectively the "counter" was reset in my case. But even if that was not the case I don't have any bills etc going that far back.

Which is why I decided to use the past 5 years as the qualifying period based on whatever documents I can gather since my return here.

My situation is a bit peculiar because I have no bills for that initial period at all.

To be more precise,

Tax documents (I have a couple but they don't span the whole year for each year)
Council tax bills (only from the past 2 years)
Utility bills (only from past 2 years)
Driver's license (don't have any)
Voter registration/electoral roll; (I only registered recently)
Insurance (house/car); (none)
Medical letters/registration with RHA; (none)
Doctor/Dentist/Optician letters; (none)

Like I mentioned I have the odd bank letter from opening an account or some HMRC letters but that's about it.

Which is why I am not sure whether I should go ahead with the application or abandon the thought altogether.
Always good to look ahead to the next immigration-related appication you will make (and the one after) and check the requirements and work to generate the necessary papertrail that you will need ahead of time;
plus cultivate potential professional and other referees & etc etc.

You seem to be on thin ice with this one.
And if starting from scratch its unlikely you will now have to time to acquire PR in the normal way.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

barnpoly
Newly Registered

Post by barnpoly » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:47 pm

Following up to my intial post, it seems like the guidance notes for the EEA(PR) application have recently been revised (12th April 2017).

See:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... tes-v3.pdf

From the notes, it appears that you only need to provide 5 consecutive P60s if you are an EEA national working in the UK.

No other documentation as evidence is required now as proof of residence (or otherwise).

It's almost too good to believe, but excellent new nonetheless!