ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wmi234
Newly Registered

Surinder Singh

Post by wmi234 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:24 pm

Evening guys,

so, I just read this article on the BBC.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23029195

the Situation is this, I am currently living in the UK with my Fiance. I am an EEA National, she is here on a tier 4 student visa due to run out in december (ish)
I have just graduated Uni myself and am looking for work. Whilst Im quite optimistic ill get something, the delay looked prohibitive.
basically I'd have to find a job before she could even start applying.
(we'll get married soon so that part is no problem)

this of course means she cannot really apply to competitive jobs until I secured one and the paperwork has come through, which will take a lot of time and set her back by ~4-6 months given the time it takes for applications to come through etc.

now I saw this surrender singh route, but I cannot find much more about it, does anyone know how it works? will she be able to work on this type of visa? how long do they last, I read half a year somewhere?
My permanent adress has been outside the UK for Student loan reasons, so that is covered. I just dont understand if she'd be able to work and how it would apply to us. if it'd be a good way to go about things.
any help would be greatly appreciated!

(sorry if its in the wrong forum, feel free to move it)

ukforever
Member of Standing

Re: Surinder Singh

Post by ukforever » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:10 am

wmi234 wrote:Evening guys,

so, I just read this article on the BBC.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23029195

the Situation is this, I am currently living in the UK with my Fiance. I am an EEA National, she is here on a tier 4 student visa due to run out in december (ish)
I have just graduated Uni myself and am looking for work. Whilst Im quite optimistic ill get something, the delay looked prohibitive.
basically I'd have to find a job before she could even start applying.
(we'll get married soon so that part is no problem)

this of course means she cannot really apply to competitive jobs until I secured one and the paperwork has come through, which will take a lot of time and set her back by ~4-6 months given the time it takes for applications to come through etc.

now I saw this surrender singh route, but I cannot find much more about it, does anyone know how it works? will she be able to work on this type of visa? how long do they last, I read half a year somewhere?
My permanent adress has been outside the UK for Student loan reasons, so that is covered. I just dont understand if she'd be able to work and how it would apply to us. if it'd be a good way to go about things.
any help would be greatly appreciated!

(sorry if its in the wrong forum, feel free to move it)
the surinder singh route doesn't apply to u because u are an eea citizen living in the uk,it will apply to u if for example,lets say u were french and u have been exercising your treaty right as a worker or self employed in the uk then if u want to return to France with your wife to be then,it would be easy under that route .
now,because u are an eea citizen living in the uk,then u simply can apply for the residence card for your wife to be after the wedding,providing you supply proof exercising your treaty rights as a worker, self employed , student or self sufficient person..with the last 2 options,u need to get private health insurance for both of u.
u can find more through the ukba webiste .
Last edited by ukforever on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
UK------++++-------****

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:11 am

UK------++++-------****