ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling when EEA FP expires and Residence Card not ready

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lucky_smile
Newly Registered

Traveling when EEA FP expires and Residence Card not ready

Post by lucky_smile » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:23 pm

Hi all,

I am currently in the UK and hold 6-months EEA Family Permit (obtained abroad). Beginning of October 2016 I have applied for the 5-year Residence Card and already got my CoA and passport back. My 6-months EEA FP is going to expire in February 2017 and I am quite sure I won't get my residence card by February. I have to travel several times in February and March, so the problem is, how can I reenter the UK?
Should I apply for another 6-months EEA FP from abroad? Or maybe somehow in the UK? Or maybe there are some solutions that I am not aware of?

Thank you in advance.

noajthan

Re: Traveling when EEA FP expires and Residence Card not rea

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:43 pm

Yes, FP from abroad.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

lucky_smile
Newly Registered

Re: Traveling when EEA FP expires and Residence Card not rea

Post by lucky_smile » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:55 pm

noajthan wrote:Yes, FP from abroad.
Thank you for your answer.
Do I state in the application that I live in the UK then? (when answering the question about the country of residence) Before I was writing that I am a German resident. Now it is confusing: applying in Germany and claiming to be UK resident...