ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Immigration Act 2106 amendment surinder singh

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bernardoliveira
Newly Registered

UK Immigration Act 2106 amendment surinder singh

Post by bernardoliveira » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:44 pm

Hi

I have just found this forum recently, which I have found very helpful. However I am now worried about the recent changes to the immigration act as it applies to potential surrinder singh cases. I have returned to the UK from Brazil July 2016, having lived there for over 4 years with my civil partner. I have been attempting to secure a job here in the UK at 18.600 ,to satisfy the immigration requirements to bring him to join me, but cannot quite make it, despite having 2 jobs.

Therefore, we explored the surrinder singh route, and have plans for him to come here in January 2017, and go to Ireland to satisfy the condition for this, with me working for 6 to 9 months. However,now there are additional conditions with the 2016 amendments to UK immigration,regarding 1 ; where you first resided together, and 2; tests as to whether you are circumventing UK immigration, and I am confused if this is still possible. Surely everyone using this route is circumventing the UK law, albeit legally.

Anyone please, can you shed any light on these 2 changes ,and exactly what they are in reality and how it may develop,before we embark on this. I just want to know if at present this option is still worth trying.

Many Thanks in advance :?: :?: :?:

TKK
Newly Registered

Re: UK Immigration Act 2106 amendment surinder singh

Post by TKK » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:55 pm

Hi

We are is a similar situation. We moved to Ireland a few months ago because we couldn't satisfy the £18600 rule. Then the changes to the Surinder Singh rules etc have happened, and now we are unsure what to do now!! I know there has been a discussion on this. (http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 19308.html)..but I am hoping for someone to shed some light on what to do.

We are worried about moving back to UK only to be thrown back out. This whole move has been difficult emotionally and financially.

Hopefully we can put heads together for some ideas.

Anyone out there help?

noajthan

Re: UK Immigration Act 2106 amendment surinder singh

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:13 pm

bernardoliveira wrote:Hi

Surely everyone using this route is circumventing the UK law, albeit legally.

Many Thanks in advance :?: :?: :?:
No, because free movement is one of the cornerstones of the EU and so SS is a legitimate option for legitimate reasons regardless of any 'motive' (or no motive), none of which have to be declared to any government.

Free movement (and SS) is bigger than one damp little island on the outer edges of EU.
EU law applies across the board to all who have got with the programme; what's happening in UK is just a local anomaly.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.