ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Using private health insurance instead of CSI

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

paulie12
Newly Registered

Using private health insurance instead of CSI

Post by paulie12 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:21 pm

Hello,

I am an EEA national married to a British citizen and would like to apply for my PR card. I will be applying as a self sufficient person (bit of background - I am from a formally A8 country but did not apply for my WRS hence can only go back to 30/04/11 as years spent in the UK. I was in full time employment up until July 2014, then was on maternity leave for 1 year and quit my job in July 2015 to be a stay at home mum). I have never purchased CSI but am covered under my husband's private health insurance. I have three questions if anyone could be so kind and answer them for me:
1. How can I find out if the private health insurance is sufficient enough to be used instead of CSI?
2. I will only be able to use my 3 years of employment + 1 year of maternity leave (is that correct? Or am not allowed to include maternity leave?) as a qualified person and the last year as a self sufficient person?
3. I understand I need to provide proof of income if applying as I self sufficient person and that means providing banks statements - do I need to provide monthly banks statement, or quarterly (or annual?)?

Also, does anyone know what the processing time for PR applications is at the moment? I will be travelling in June and will have to have my passport back (and since I'm applying as a self sufficient person I can't use the passport return service).

Thanks for all your help!

noajthan

Re: Using private health insurance instead of CSI

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:45 pm

All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.