ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What visa do i need to do??

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

innosant
Newly Registered

What visa do i need to do??

Post by innosant » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:14 pm

Question: EEA FM

i got Ireland residency permit for 5 years on the basis of marriage which was in January 2016 and my wife is Portuguese national and lives in spain
can i travel to UK and work there?
do i need to apply visa from Ireland?
if i apply EEA FM in UK then my 5 years residency will be finished if i get permit in UK?
what is the best way to come to UK and work?

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What visa do i need to do??

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:00 pm

How can you be legally resident in Ireland based on your spouse if your spouse does not even live in Ireland.

You cannot come to the UK via the EEA/EU route if your wife does not come and live with you.

Your rights to reside in an EU state are wholly dependent on your spouse living/working etc in the state with you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MrSlyFox

Post by MrSlyFox » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:00 pm

If your wife isn't accompanying you to the UK you can't apply as your rights are based on your EEA Sponsor (i.e. wife).

If you are residing as family member of an EEA Citizen in Ireland your EEA family member should be residing with you too not in Spain

innosant
Newly Registered

Post by innosant » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:49 pm

CR001 wrote:How can you be legally resident in Ireland based on your spouse if your spouse does not even live in Ireland.

You cannot come to the UK via the EEA/EU route if your wife does not come and live with you.

Your rights to reside in an EU state are wholly dependent on your spouse living/working etc in the state with you.

i mean she is on holiday in Spain, she live and work in Ireland.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:52 pm

You can only move to the UK to work and live if your wife moves with you if you want to use the EEA/EU route.

If you don't want to use this route, you will have to qualify for a Tier 2 General visa to be able to work.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:55 pm

innosant wrote:Question: EEA FM

my wife is Portuguese national and lives in spain

thanks
:?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:01 pm

Casa wrote:
innosant wrote:Question: EEA FM

my wife is Portuguese national and lives in spain

thanks
:?:
Yes, I thought the same :shock:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

innosant
Newly Registered

Post by innosant » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:40 pm

MrSlyFox wrote:If your wife isn't accompanying you to the UK you can't apply as your rights are based on your EEA Sponsor (i.e. wife).

If you are residing as family member of an EEA Citizen in Ireland your EEA family member should be residing with you too not in Spain
many thanks for your reply.

she is residing with me but at the moment she is away on holiday, so i want to travel, can i apply as visitor visa? what documents do i need ?

thanks again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:45 pm

Yes you will need a UK visitor visa but you are not allowed to work and cannot 'live' in the UK. You will also have to prove strong ties to Ireland to prove you will leave the UK.

It does appear from your posts that you are trying to find any way to get to the UK to live and work. None of the options you are stating or asking about will achieve this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

innosant
Newly Registered

Post by innosant » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:03 pm

CR001 wrote:Yes you will need a UK visitor visa but you are not allowed to work and cannot 'live' in the UK. You will also have to prove strong ties to Ireland to prove you will leave the UK.

It does appear from your posts that you are trying to find any way to get to the UK to live and work. None of the options you are stating or asking about will achieve this.

thanks again..
i have a job in Ireland, i want to go to UK for 7 days to attend my friends wedding,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:09 pm

Your posts and questions don't make sense.

You start by stating you want to live and work in the UK and your wife lives in Spain.

Now you have been stating completely different statements/situations.

Strongly suggest you post honestly and exactly what it is you are trying to achieve, otherwise members already offering and willing to offer advice are simply wasting their time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)