ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to apply

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shaz_sharo
Newly Registered

When to apply

Post by shaz_sharo » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:56 pm

Hi there,

i m wondering if anyone could help, I m non EEA national married EEA national in 2012. my wife has started working from Apr 2012 till now. i m slightly confused and would like to clarify whether when my wife could apply for PR. she came in UK 2011.

i went through hundreds of pages and managed to get some information but still unable to figure that out. My questions are very clear please see below.

1- when she can apply for PR (A - 5 years after marriage, B - 5 years since started work),
2- can she apply through premium service

i really appreciate your time and sharing experience would help to identify right route.

Many Thanks,

Shaz

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: When to apply

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:34 pm

1. EU spouse can apply after 5 years of exercising treaty rights, i.e. working or being a qualified person. You, the non EU spouse can apply 5 years from date of marriage if you have been in the UK since marriage.

2. No, there is no premium service for EU PR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Re: When to apply

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:40 pm

What was wife doing 2011-2012?
Were you in UK when you married?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.