ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WRS query

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LukasBB
Newly Registered

WRS query

Post by LukasBB » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:35 am

Hi, I'm trying to apply for a permanent residency card. I've lived and worked in the UK since Jan 2010, and I registered with Home Office for a WRS card straight away, however after 4 months I changed jobs and didn't get a new card. Now in the permanent residence application there is a question, I quote "Did you work for an uninterrupted period of 12 months in accordance with one or more of the documents mentioned in the previous question?" What does that mean exactly? I didn't take any time off when I changed jobs, but still I worked for a different employer than the one in my WRS application. Can I tick that as a YES, as I did work for a period of 12 months, or is it a NO because I changed jobs? And if I choose a NO, does it mean I worked here illegaly and the answer to another question "Did you work during the accession period without holding one of the documents listed earlier?" would be a YES? Thanks.

EDIT: sorry forgot to mention, I came from Slovakia.

noajthan

Re: WRS query

Post by noajthan » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:39 pm

NO.
Yes, you worked illegally; employer committed an offence employing you.
YES.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

LukasBB
Newly Registered

Re: WRS and permanent residence query

Post by LukasBB » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:04 pm

That's what I was afraid of. Anyway thank you for your reply. Now on a different not unrelated topic. Considering that until April 2011 when the worker registration scheme was no longer in place, the time I worked is forfeit and I can only count years after that. In 2015 I went back to University here in the UK as a student so no longer in full time employment and I didn't get a comprehensive sickness insurance (didn't know such a thing was required but that is no excuse), that would give me only 4 years of lawful residence in the UK. I bought the insurance last month as that's when I was informed by a fellow student that it was in fact required. If I were to send an application now would it be automatically declined and could I possibly face some prosecution for not having a proper WRS card until 2011 and also not having a CSI as a student? Now since I didn't have a CSI until now does it mean all my previous working years in the UK are forfeit, or could I just wait another year and then apply for a permanent residence? as that would give me 4 years of working and 1 year of studying with Comprehensive Sickness Insurance. Thanks

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:15 pm

LukasBB wrote:Now since I didn't have a CSI until now does it mean all my previous working years in the UK are forfeit, or could I just wait another year and then apply for a permanent residence?
You need five continuous years of exercising treaty rights for PR. By not exercising treaty rights continuously, your PR clock will have stopped completely when you became a student without CSI and restarted from zero when you resumed exercising treaty rights (by getting CSI while being a student).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

LukasBB
Newly Registered

Post by LukasBB » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:36 pm

Thank you for a quick reply. So can I take it that there is no way my application would be accepted so there's no point in sending it anyway?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:10 am

Not unless you have a foreign EHIC or perhaps a Union citizen who might be your sponsor.

If all else fails suggest at least apply for EEA QP RC in the meantime. What with all wild talk of Brexit.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

LukasBB
Newly Registered

Post by LukasBB » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:45 am

Thank you I will apply for EEA QP RC instead. It's a shame I can't apply for PR but that's my fault for not knowing the law and all but at least I won't get kicked out of the country if I have a EEA QP RC... I hope

Another question I forgot to ask, is full-cover health insurance from Aviva considered to be a comprehensive sickness insurance? Because that would be awkward if I were to pay for something until I finish my studies just to be later informed that it was the wrong thing.