ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

35K Salary in UK !!!

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shayar
Newly Registered

35K Salary in UK !!!

Post by shayar » Sat May 29, 2004 2:49 pm

shayar
Last edited by shayar on Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Sat May 29, 2004 3:42 pm

Stevenage? Hmm... GlaxoSmithKline springs to mind? :D

35k is a good salary, but it depends on experience you have etc and what your field of work is like. Salaries are on average higher in London because it is an expensive place to live in. 35k is certainly enough for life in London (if you are single) with ability to save, however I thought appartments (assuming again, for just you) would be cheaper than that in Stevenage.

If you plan to go to Lodon often, train tickets can be quite expensive, check the railway website for more info. Stevenage has direct link to Kings Cross and Finsbury Park. From what I heard, the place is very small and there is not much going on in terms of night life/entertainment. It's also advisable to have a car, because thre is no underground like in London and doing the weekly shop or going places will prove a hassle.

This is from other people who work and live in Stevenega, I personally don't so don't take my word for it. :wink:

Hope it helps.

tvt

Post by tvt » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:33 am

As you pay very low rent, you will even be able to save some money for rainy day. 35K outside London is a decent salary.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: 35K Salary in UK !!!

Post by Chess » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:34 am

I am new to the UK. Just looking at the expenses/standard of living there, I was wondering whether 35K p.a. would be a good salary.
Shayar,

There is no 'correct' or 'good' salary - you just got to live on what you get...35K is a relatively good salary, and should be OK unless you are a 'big' spender :)
Where there is a will there is a way.