ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

employment strategies

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mobis
Newly Registered

employment strategies

Post by mobis » Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:46 am

Hi all!

I am already in the country and have tried to find a job simply by responding to the advertisements on the web. It all has shown a little success. So I was wondering whether I am doing something wrong...

Is there another way, of let's say visiting the headhunters in person? If it is more helpful in landing a job offer, could anyone here, please, give some addresses of the best agencies in london area?

Many thanks,

Vlad

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:13 pm

mobis

Try to evaluate your skills based on 'demand vs supply' in your area of expertise.
It appears to me that your skillset are either available in plenty or there is less requirement in the job market now.

So, you have to find a way around this. Following are just a few thoughts

1. Learn new technlogies that are in demand in the jobmarket
2. Project a CV showing your skills relavent to the advertisers job requirement or specifications. You may have to make minor modification to your current CV inorder to achieve this.
3. If you have a workpermit requirement it is probably a good idea not to mention it on the CV initially. Some employers do not like taking overheads of WP processing. So its better if you can get a session with creative technical talks before letting the employer know about your WP requirements. By doing this way, you have to convince the employer that you have got something that is highly desired with respect to their requirement and experience/skillset you are carrying. If you are successfull in doing so, an interview and chances of getting a employement offer on WP will be more.

(its easy to for me to write down in bulleted points, but take high degree of initiative to make it practical. So, Good luck ! )

vin123.