ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finding employment in the UK 2 months after leaving it...

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Boss911
Newly Registered

Finding employment in the UK 2 months after leaving it...

Post by Boss911 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:53 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm currently facing a dilemma, which I fully take the responsibility for, which can be summarised as follows:

I have come to the UK to study a MSc degree 2008-2009, then gained full employment from Sep 2010- Sep2016. I could not apply for an ILR as I have broken the 180-day rule in 2012 where I was relocated overseas on an international assignment for a period of 295 days.

Due to various pressures at work and personal life I had to leave the UK on 15th August 2016, and now I'm starting to realise the mistake I've made plus the fact that it was easier to find a job in my field in the UK than in my home country!

My question is, considering that I've graduated in 2009, would it be possible for employers to recruit me via the CoS/Tier 2 route or do I have to had graduated more recently for this to be applicable ?

Thank you for your help

Basil.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Finding employment in the UK 2 months after leaving it..

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:12 pm

You cannot rely on your Tier 4 anymore as it is too long ago and you have already spent considerable time in the UK under Tier 2 already.

Were you not able to split that absence across two 12 month periods?

You will need to find a new Tier 2 General sponsor but will be subject to the 12 month cooling off period from the date you left the UK, before you can apply and return. Sponsor will have to conduct the full and proper RLMT process before they can issue you a CoS.

Has your visa already expired?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.