ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting a job as a doctor?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tsvetomira
Newly Registered

Getting a job as a doctor?

Post by Tsvetomira » Tue May 18, 2004 7:15 pm

hello friends!
i would be very glad if anyone could give me some advise about getting a job as a doctor after passing the PLAB-tests.
hope some of you have managed to do it and would share their experience with me and the other who may need that.
thank you in advance! :)

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:17 pm

Tsvetomira,
I'm not in medical profession, and i dunno what is PLAB, but from my GK i can say that doctors are always in demand in UK.

Ajay

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: Getting a job as a doctor?

Post by Chess » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:53 pm

Tsvetomira wrote:hello friends!
i would be very glad if anyone could give me some advise about getting a job as a doctor after passing the PLAB-tests.
hope some of you have managed to do it and would share their experience with me and the other who may need that.
thank you in advance! :)

Tsve,

We live in a rather 'strange' world - in the UK, doctors are on very high demand. It takes about £250,000 to treain a doctor in the UK and about £10,000 to train a 'foreign (e.g 'Assylum seeker') doctor to be able to work in the UK...

...However, recently an 'assylum' seeker doctor got a House officer job in a hospital - howeve the HO are trying to throw him out of the country as his case failed - How ridiculous :roll:
Where there is a will there is a way.