ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How can my doctor spouse build his career in the UK!pls Help

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

poojanarayan
Newly Registered

How can my doctor spouse build his career in the UK!pls Help

Post by poojanarayan » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:13 am

Hi all,

I'm a professional here in the UK from past 5 years. I was tier 4 for 1.5 years and then have been on Tier 2 general from the last 3.5 years. My finace is a doctor in India. He works with the central government. He is an MBBS. We are getting married late this year.

I have looked around on internet and I have a lot of confusions about bringing him in to the UK as my dependent. First of all I think a doctor/dentist who comes as a dependent cannot apply for trainee roles. He has what they call PMQ. He has to now in the UK go for foundation years. But can't apply like nationals for those posts.

For that, does he have to come on his own visa? What are the things he should do to get the visa which will enable him to continue his career in the UK?

I do know a lot of things related to this, but I want to know if what I know is what is right. That's why asking for help. Please don't think that I'm a lazy person not wanting to do any research on my own.

Any help, pointers to correct documents, etc will be very appreciated.

Thanks much,
Pooja

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: How can my doctor spouse build my career in the UK! pls

Post by iworker » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:56 am

once u have married, he needs to apply for pbs dependent visa.
once he is here, he needs to do the following.. check scores etc on gmc website
clear ielts> plab 1> plab 2> clinical attachment> apply for jobs.

he will not be allowed to apply for training jobs which include Foundation year and speciality trainings.

I dont know what u mean by PMQ, but there is generally something called house job or training (different terms in different countries) and it is done right after u finish mbbs. He needs to have that done in india as it will be difficult or him to get the Foundation programme here..
do more research on gmc website and he should be able to find everything there