ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how to find contract positions

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sashi1979

how to find contract positions

Post by sashi1979 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:44 pm

Hi,
Are there any contract companies that recruit us and pay us minimum sal (or even no sal at all!) and when we work on customer projects, then the contracting companies pay us for the work.... this is a practice adopted in the US... of course they take 30% of your salary for the year..

but rather than being jobless, i dont mind 30%... are there similar companies here ? please guide me on this..

i dont mind a low sal, rather than no sal... any leads on this ?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:03 pm

What type of visa do you have?

There are still companies that "offer" this type of scheme however it is bordering on being illegal in the UK. There are a number of negative things to consider if you go into this arrangement and as such I would not recommend doing so.

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:25 am

You should never go with a company that pays you no salary. As frontier Mole has mentioned, this practice would be illegal in the UK as the work permit (Tier 2) has a base salary that must be met in order ofr it to be valid.

There are companies out there and a simple google search will turn up most of them. Just make sure to talk to them in person and be happy and confident with all the information given to you. DO NOT use offshore soultions.

sashi1979

Post by sashi1979 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:50 pm

appreciate your views, i wasnt into anything shady... but how to secure contract positions then ?

is it like the mainstream positions ?

i tried some contracting companies, they arent interested in helping me find a position. they are only interested in managing my tax / accts AFTER i secure a contract MYSELF.

Come on isnt this chicken egg stuff ?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:44 am

sashi1979 wrote:appreciate your views, i wasnt into anything shady... but how to secure contract positions then ?

is it like the mainstream positions ?

i tried some contracting companies, they arent interested in helping me find a position. they are only interested in managing my tax / accts AFTER i secure a contract MYSELF.

Come on isnt this chicken egg stuff ?
Jobserve mate, tho there's not a lot about at the moment....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....