ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

List of UK net salaries (after tax) :

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gulgon

List of UK net salaries (after tax) :

Post by gulgon » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:06 am

Since the jobs ads only give gross annual salary, I thought this list of UK Net salaries (after tax) might be helpful for job seekers :

http://netsalary.blogspot.com/

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:50 am

Its just 330 pounds difference(Net) between a guy making 36K and 42K / Annum.

Is there any way to increase these figures or get any tax back ??

gulgon

Post by gulgon » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:48 pm

yes you can reclaim tax if they overcharged you. Say u relocated to uk and staterted to work in november with a monthly salary of 2000. so until april (end of tax year) you earn 10000, normally they keep applying normal rates. but around 5000 of it is actuallly non-taxable. so they should tax only 5000 of it.

if you think they taxed all, then you should reclaim. but as i said this mainly happens when you dont work whole year. ask your local tax office, they are used to meet reclaims.

desiguy

Post by desiguy » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:36 pm

gulgon wrote:yes you can reclaim tax if they overcharged you. Say u relocated to uk and staterted to work in november with a monthly salary of 2000. so until april (end of tax year) you earn 10000, normally they keep applying normal rates. but around 5000 of it is actuallly non-taxable. so they should tax only 5000 of it.

if you think they taxed all, then you should reclaim. but as i said this mainly happens when you dont work whole year. ask your local tax office, they are used to meet reclaims.
agree. i came here in end of Oct '05. I talked to my payroll prsona dn she filed for me (via company) to reclaim the tax. my april pay check had a big lumpsum along with my regular pay :D