ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Looking for work after maternity break.

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tier 1 Info
Newly Registered

Looking for work after maternity break.

Post by Tier 1 Info » Wed May 21, 2014 11:16 pm

Hi,

I have a Tier 1 Visa which is valid until Oct 2014.

I had a baby in September 2012 and have not worked since then due to personal circumstances.

Basically was looking out for contract over the last couple of months, so that I would be eligible to satisfy the criteria for extending
visa but not able to procure one. Now I don't think I would be able to extend my visa.

I understand if I go the dependent route, my ILR counter gets reset. My 3.8 years in the country would go waste and will have to again wait for 5 years.

I hear from friends and have also read that if I am able to find a company which can sponsor Tier 2 visa for me, then the ILR counter remains the same. Would really appreciate if anybody on this board who has gone this route to offer some suggestions / advice.

Thanks in advance.

O_Relly

Re: Looking for work after maternity break.

Post by O_Relly » Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm

Yes the Tier2 route is an option, but skewed unless you find a genuine employer who has a job for you to do and is willing to do a COS (Certificate of Sponsor) for you.

The body shop companies who sponsor you and then market you or let you find a job yourself / is another route but not too easy as if you land a contract then they take a cut off your day rate. They do that only if it is a profitable cut for them, provided you have easily marketable skills that have jobs out there. - There are many things that could go wrong here,so tread cautiously.

I suggest spend some time in the Tier2 forum, you might find some useful information there.

Good luck with your job search.
Cheers.
Cheers,
OR

goodChloe
Newly Registered

Re: Looking for work after maternity break.

Post by goodChloe » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:41 pm

Hello!

I can advise you to check different referral programs. As women we use services and products of a lot of companies and also we share our sexperience with friends and fellows. I case of referring you are getting paid. You can find a lot of companies that are offering good rewards for this.