ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recruiters dont consider"dependent tier2 ICT LngTerm "visa

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

archu102
Newly Registered

Recruiters dont consider"dependent tier2 ICT LngTerm "visa

Post by archu102 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:08 pm

Hi all ,

I am on spouse visa - depenedant tier2 ICT Long Term ( not tier2 general ) . I am in search for job since long time , recruiters don't consider my profile even if it matches with their requirement or expectation with type of job role (contract/perm/temp)... I was on peak period on my career in my home country and getting no calls here is really frustrating

please advise how my visa status matters for job hunting ..

thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Recruiters dont consider"dependent tier2 ICT LngTerm "vi

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:41 am

You have are allowed to work for any employer in any job except I think doctor or dentist in training.

The UK job market is very hard to break into, took me 2 years in my field having to almost start at the bottom again when we got her.

Suggest lower your expectations. If you are aiming too high (job description/role and salary), unlikely you will have success. You need to prove yourself in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

archu102
Newly Registered

Post by archu102 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:41 am

thanks CR001,

But the moment I told them about the my visa status , they got deisppointed n says that " they will retina just to me " n never call back for interview schedule .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:51 am

Sorry, I actually don't know what you have just written and cannot understand what you said.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

archu102
Newly Registered

Post by archu102 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:09 am

Sorry it's auto typo mistake , I had written that - - the moment I I told them about my visa status , they got disappointed n says they will get back to me n never calls for the interviews schedule.

quote="CR001"]Sorry, I actually don't know what you have just written and cannot understand what you said.[/quote]

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:25 am

As I said, if you lower your job expectations and don't aim to high or for exactly what you had in your home country, then you might have more success.

How long is your visa valid for?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

archu102
Newly Registered

Post by archu102 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:43 am

It's till 2019

CR001 wrote:As I said, if you lower your job expectations and don't aim to high or for exactly what you had in your home country, then you might have more success.

How long is your visa valid for?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:50 am

Despite so-called shortages of IT workers etc, there is a surfeit, and unfortunately for you it's easier to employ one of the many local applicants.

Zero hassle, see.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:49 am

Have you looked into working as a contractor? That way, you would get hired for specific projects of say three months to a year at a time, rather than long-term jobs. As I understand it (I have never done it myself), you save quite a lot on tax and national insurance, the latter of which, given that you are unlikely to settle in the UK on a ICT dependent visa, would be of no use to you in terms of long term pension planning. As I have never done it myself, I will leave it to others on these forums to advise you on the modalities of such an approach.

As CR001 has already advised, you will have to start at the bottom of the pile, no matter what your status in your home country was. Look for small companies, where you can move faster up the ranks.

I would disagree slightly with Wanderer that there is a surfeit of IT workers in the UK. However, remember that many IT workers in the UK are East European (Polish, Romanian and Bulgarian from a cursory survey of my workplace IT department) and that they currently have an automatic right to remain in the UK for as long as they want to stay. So, if a company is hiring for a long-term job, they are more likely to choose a hassle-free hire from within the EU than a unreliably short-term hire from outside the EU.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.