ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recruiters sponsoring Work Permit

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jbb

Post by jbb » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:02 pm

I am currently looking for recruiters/umbrella companies who can sponsor work permit.

Can someone please suggest any such umbrella companies or recruitment agencies which provides work permit sponsorship?

Thanks
Last edited by jbb on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:08 pm

Have you tried to check if you qualify for HSMP,

alternatively investigate whether another company can hire you - as it will be treated as a Tier 1 application
Where there is a will there is a way.

jbb

Work Permit/ Um

Post by jbb » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:52 pm

Are there any umbrella companies who can sponsor work permit and allow to work as contractor?
Last edited by jbb on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:43 am

Hi jbb,

Since you have completed 3 years, I would suggest you stick on to the same company for another 11 months somehow till your 3 year 11 month clock completes which will then enable you to apply for ILR.
After your ILR you will be able to take up jobs in the freelancing/contracting market.
Recruitment/umbrella companies are technically not allowed to employ you and sponsor workpermits because of their nature of services being different from your skillset.
Right now your status does not allow you to do contracting/self employment since you are on a visa which has restrictions due to your workpermit.

If you find an IT company to sponsor WP, then go for it by all means.

pknkmr
Newly Registered

Post by pknkmr » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:34 pm

Hi Vin123,
I read through your statement:
Right now your status does not allow you to do contracting/self employment since you are on a visa which has restrictions due to your workpermit.
I am myself a work permit holder since 1 year - My question is: my spouse who is on Dependant Visa, can she take up a contracting job using a suitable agency? If so, who will do the payroll/payslips for her?

Thanks,
Kumar

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:23 pm

yes your wife can take up any job... if she is doing contracting then she will have to manage the accounts herself unless the agency is willing to issue her with a salary slip which i think they will charge dearly for it