ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recruitment agents- meet them personally or register online?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Do recruitment agencies entertain walk-ins and does personal visits benefit?

Walk-ins are welcome but no apparent benefit as compared to online registration
No votes
Walk-ins are welcome and I think I benefitted from personal visit (e.g. rapport with a consultant).
29%
Walk-ins are usually not entertained or advised to register online.
71%

Total votes: 7

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Recruitment agents- meet them personally or register online?

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:12 pm

Hi,

I was a little fortunate in the sense that I started a contract job for 5 months soon after arriving in UK but it's been a quite a while since that ended, and I have been job hunting for last 4 months but with no luck as yet.

Till now I have been searching for jobs online - through job portals and recruitment agencies websites - but have not made a serious effort in visiting city-based recruitment agency offices to register and maybe get an opportunity to discuss matters with a consultant 1:1.

Not sure if the agencies here entertain walk-ins at their offices or if personal visits offer any benefits, thought best to get a feedback from fellow forum members about their experiences.

Please answer the poll and share your experience(s) here.

regards

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:56 pm

There seem to be some many of us searching for jobs, but surprisingly no one wants to share their view / experience(s) to such a simple query :(
:?:

regards

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:37 pm

I think bcoz no one has met any agents personally...I dont think that it is necessary to meet the agents...waste of time and money...If they have a job for you, they will offer you(as it will earn them a good commission)

tral_hsmp

Post by tral_hsmp » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:17 am

Hi,

I rently visited agencies and found that most of them will ask you either to register online and send your CV through email.

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:05 am

Hi,

I came in UK 30th Jan from Pakistan, got an offer mid March and started job from 1st April through a recruitment agent. I don't even know where there office is. Everything was on phone and email.

I've been telling fake agents every detail they asked because i was not aware at that time.

I think its best approach to apply online and discuss things on phone. It saves time and you can do being in your bed. After that you can go for interviews.

If I can be of any help, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
JD

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:14 am

Some friend from the forum emailed me and asked for details.

Agency who got me the job is
www.rullion.co.uk/rcp

and contact person name is
Emma Lloyd
Rullion Computer Personnel
Direct line: 0161 601 3359
Fax: 0161 601 3301
Email: emma.lloyd@rullion.co.uk

If you want then you can use my reference, this may be helpful or cantact directly.

Regards,
JD