ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Searching Jobs in UK from India

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

win2010
Newly Registered

Searching Jobs in UK from India

Post by win2010 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:13 pm

Will I get call if I give my current location as India?

Does companies take candidates through telephonic interviews only? If this is possible, I would like to stay in India and try jobs through JOB sites. Please clarify.

Is it good to come there for job search in October 1st week? Or do you suggest Feb next year?

Can I give Indian address in job sites and expect calls? Does skipe number help in this case?

adityak77
Member of Standing

Re: Searching Jobs in UK from India

Post by adityak77 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:10 pm

win2010 wrote:Will I get call if I give my current location as India?

Does companies take candidates through telephonic interviews only? If this is possible, I would like to stay in India and try jobs through JOB sites. Please clarify.

Is it good to come there for job search in October 1st week? Or do you suggest Feb next year?

Can I give Indian address in job sites and expect calls? Does skipe number help in this case?
Mind you no UK company hires or entertains people in India,
Unless you are exceptionally brilliant and a make a CV that stands out in the market and you dont bullshit what you write in your CV, you *may* get interview calls sitting in India.

Skype *may* help in cases, there are ppl on the forums who have got calls via Skype.

But overall my picture of the UK job market is not so good :wink: